6 speed conversion

I posted a how too on vx220 forum about equal length driveshaft mod and I nearly broke the Internet with various people crying about cv gaiters splitting etc. I gave up in the end as there was far too many know it alls on there.

However some people lower the vx220 without a care for steering arm and driveshaft angles so most moaned about the cv angle.

Here's the thread:
http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/topic/134795-equal-length-drive-shaft-for-22/

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I posted a how too on vx220 forum about equal length driveshaft mod and I nearly broke the Internet with various people crying about cv gaiters splitting etc. I gave up in the end as there was far too many know it alls on there.

However some people lower the vx220 without a care for steering arm and driveshaft angles so most moaned about the cv angle.

Here's the thread:
i dont use the vx220 forum when i was looking for the supercharger fitting guide it was a big secret and not available to the public at the time.
i try and make as much information available to everyone on this forum as some of the guys do like vocky his input is always appreciated :)

i do think equal length shaft in either front or RWD cars has its benefits like equal drive to both wheels :) and the gators are £13 and a doddle to fit lol

milo

Here's the thread:
Had a quick read and couple do seem to come across as elitist but regardless were u go u always have those people sadly.

i dont use the vx220 forum when i was looking for the supercharger fitting guide it was a big secret and not available to the public at the time.
i try and make as much information available to everyone on this forum as some of the guys do like vocky his input is always appreciated :)

i do think equal length shaft in either front or RWD cars has its benefits like equal drive to both wheels :) and the gators are £13 and a doddle to fit lol
And we're greatful for the help u offer bud

I'm the same Carl if I can pass any knowledge on I do. I have no idea why people keep stuff secret.

Tbh there is a lot of useful info on there but certain user and utter toilets.

If they can't see the benefits of a equal length shaft on it then their loss

for what it's worth I was originally going to use equal length shafts on my M32 conversion, but bought astra vxr shafts which were useless.

When I discovered brand new Lotus shafts for under £400 I snapped them up, the astra shafts cost me £350 used :eek:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
for what it's worth I was originally going to use equal length shafts on my M32 conversion, but bought astra vxr shafts which were useless.

When I discovered brand new Lotus shafts for under £400 I snapped them up, the astra shafts cost me £350 used :eek:
looking at the vec c m32 shafts they look the same as the vec c f23 equal length shafts will soon see when i pull the block out :)
the astra z20leX don't have real equal length shafts :)
pictured at the top
WP_20141023_17_25_20_Pro (Medium).jpg

Hi) Very interesting project, but still I did not understand at the expense of the clutch with a light flywheel. I have z22yh with M32 = want just a light flywheel from z22se and strong clutch = drive, basket, clutch release - everything to work correctly?

Last edited by a moderator:
there is nothing wrong with the standard dual mass flywheel, however my engine is tuned and the extra weight is not required.

The light flywheel and clutch are a perfect match for the engine.

Everything works perfectly with the light flywheel and clutch (y)

update;

you can now buy a z22se M32 lightened flywheel from TTV Racing £228 +vat

this means the slave cylinder does not now need any spacers, so simply fit the z22se M32 flywheel, Helix M32 sprung clutch plate (TTV can also supply a M32 sprung clutch plate), z22se clutch cover and the M32 gearbox with standard M32 slave cylinder.

makes the conversion a nut and bolt job :D
View attachment 3652 View attachment 3653
Sorry for the many questions - I just translated to me it is not always easy (
As I understand this is the last option where you left off and just which works fine ... right? And I want to clarify that everything worked correctly) Number of sprung clutch plate by Helix for M32 (20 teeth)? And you put a standard basket for F23 box??? And the clutch release M32 just from my engine z22yh?

Last edited:
the clutch has been 100% good since I fitted the z22se M32 TTV flywheel.

I have a sprung Helix M32 clutch plate (22 mm shaft and 20 spline / teeth)

I have a F23 clutch pressure plate (basket)

I have a M32 slave cylinder - no spacer required since fitting the TTV flywheel

the z22se TTV M32 flywheel will also fit the z22yh engine