astra g 6 speed conversion adventures

jensenvk

old case tested for 14k miles with 380nm daily with no apparent wear
i then went to uprated end case when the clutch snapped and damaged the syncros on 3rd and 4th
Ok, thanks for the info. Got a quote from GM for the tool....(hold on to your seat)......650 pounds. What a joke....
So I have decided to use good old plasti-gauge instead.

jensenvk

Main shaft (A) maximum permited clearance 0.10 mm - subtract from the reading taken previously using the feeler gauge.
Lay shaft (B) add the maximum pre-loading of 0.20 mm to the reading taken previously by the feeler gauge.
Second lay shaft (C) add the maximum pre-loading of 0.30 mm to the reading taken previously using the feeler gauge.

Remember also to calculate the thickness of the new circlip on the shaft by measuring the difference in size between old and new components, then adding or substracting the difference from the thickness of the old circlip.

I have uploaded some pages from the manual. This should add some smooth Alfa Romeo precision to your gearbox :D

Attachments

• M32 gearbox overhaul.pdf
    1,015 KB · Views: 1,214

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
great pdf looks like ive been doing it to the book without the book all this time lol other than asking for the recommended shim size from cs
mine don't have any circlips on lol
WP_20171220_13_15_57_Pro.jpg