6 speed conversion

dewismotorsport

I posted a how too on vx220 forum about equal length driveshaft mod and I nearly broke the Internet with various people crying about cv gaiters splitting etc. I gave up in the end as there was far too many know it alls on there.

However some people lower the vx220 without a care for steering arm and driveshaft angles so most moaned about the cv angle.

Here's the thread:
http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/topic/134795-equal-length-drive-shaft-for-22/

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I posted a how too on vx220 forum about equal length driveshaft mod and I nearly broke the Internet with various people crying about cv gaiters splitting etc. I gave up in the end as there was far too many know it alls on there.

However some people lower the vx220 without a care for steering arm and driveshaft angles so most moaned about the cv angle.

Here's the thread:
i dont use the vx220 forum when i was looking for the supercharger fitting guide it was a big secret and not available to the public at the time.
i try and make as much information available to everyone on this forum as some of the guys do like vocky his input is always appreciated :)

i do think equal length shaft in either front or RWD cars has its benefits like equal drive to both wheels :) and the gators are £13 and a doddle to fit lol

milo

Here's the thread:

Had a quick read and couple do seem to come across as elitist but regardless were u go u always have those people sadly.

i dont use the vx220 forum when i was looking for the supercharger fitting guide it was a big secret and not available to the public at the time.
i try and make as much information available to everyone on this forum as some of the guys do like vocky his input is always appreciated :)

i do think equal length shaft in either front or RWD cars has its benefits like equal drive to both wheels :) and the gators are £13 and a doddle to fit lol

And we're greatful for the help u offer bud

dewismotorsport

I'm the same Carl if I can pass any knowledge on I do. I have no idea why people keep stuff secret.

Tbh there is a lot of useful info on there but certain user and utter toilets.

If they can't see the benefits of a equal length shaft on it then their loss

Dave Gilbert

Id rather help someone out n maybe save someone from doing something stupid or paying silly money(not that im that much help hahah)

Its nice to share, my mum allways said to share.

vocky

Staff
for what it's worth I was originally going to use equal length shafts on my M32 conversion, but bought astra vxr shafts which were useless.

When I discovered brand new Lotus shafts for under £400 I snapped them up, the astra shafts cost me £350 used :eek:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
for what it's worth I was originally going to use equal length shafts on my M32 conversion, but bought astra vxr shafts which were useless.

When I discovered brand new Lotus shafts for under £400 I snapped them up, the astra shafts cost me £350 used :eek:
looking at the vec c m32 shafts they look the same as the vec c f23 equal length shafts will soon see when i pull the block out :)
the astra z20leX don't have real equal length shafts :)
pictured at the top
WP_20141023_17_25_20_Pro (Medium).jpg

Crazy

Hi) Very interesting project, but still I did not understand at the expense of the clutch with a light flywheel. I have z22yh with M32 = want just a light flywheel from z22se and strong clutch = drive, basket, clutch release - everything to work correctly?

Last edited by a moderator:

vocky

Staff
there is nothing wrong with the standard dual mass flywheel, however my engine is tuned and the extra weight is not required.

The light flywheel and clutch are a perfect match for the engine.

Everything works perfectly with the light flywheel and clutch (y)

Crazy

update;

you can now buy a z22se M32 lightened flywheel from TTV Racing £228 +vat

this means the slave cylinder does not now need any spacers, so simply fit the z22se M32 flywheel, Helix M32 sprung clutch plate (TTV can also supply a M32 sprung clutch plate), z22se clutch cover and the M32 gearbox with standard M32 slave cylinder.

makes the conversion a nut and bolt job :D
View attachment 3652View attachment 3653

Sorry for the many questions - I just translated to me it is not always easy (
As I understand this is the last option where you left off and just which works fine ... right? And I want to clarify that everything worked correctly) Number of sprung clutch plate by Helix for M32 (20 teeth)? And you put a standard basket for F23 box??? And the clutch release M32 just from my engine z22yh?

Last edited:

vocky

Staff
the clutch has been 100% good since I fitted the z22se M32 TTV flywheel.

I have a sprung Helix M32 clutch plate (22 mm shaft and 20 spline / teeth)

I have a F23 clutch pressure plate (basket)

I have a M32 slave cylinder - no spacer required since fitting the TTV flywheel

the z22se TTV M32 flywheel will also fit the z22yh engine