m32 rebuild

2008 corsa D.
end case fitted ok no troubles at all.
all shafts turned free. zero end float. had to buy correct shims from the main dealer but only around £1 each.
driving great now. done around 500 miles so far. if any thing gear shift is smoother but that may be down to total strip/clean/rebuild and fresh oil?
also adjusted gear selector.
the upgrade was for all m20/m32 manual and auto boxes.

2008 corsa D.
end case fitted ok no troubles at all.
all shafts turned free. zero end float. had to buy correct shims from the main dealer but only around £1 each.
driving great now. done around 500 miles so far. if any thing gear shift is smoother but that may be down to total strip/clean/rebuild and fresh oil?
also adjusted gear selector.
the upgrade was for all m20/m32 manual and auto boxes.

When you upgraded the late end case with bigger bearings did you have to leave out the retaining screw on the input shaft?
I pressed the larger bearing on the input shaft and it is sticking half way out from the shaft. If I fit that retaining screw,the new end case would not close.

I did have to leave something off but can't remember what now.
Bearing was past end of the shaft from memory? was a few years ago now.
Can report the car is still going well with over 30k miles on it. more than when the noise started anyway :)

I figured it out! On the layshaft the gears after the spacer were pressed on the wrong way around. So I pressed them out flipped them the other way, and pressed them on again. This gave me the clearance for the uprated bearing and the bolt I needed. The bolt is tightened at the end and the upgraded end case is fitted without any problems.