eaton m62 supercharger rebuild/porting

Dave Gilbert

iv just looked 320 or more n i loose a fiver but some horses get fed so not the end of the world.

so what do i get if you dont make 320bhp? a drive in your car at pvs without loosing fingers??(y)(y)

Matt

Administrator
The M32 is OK if it's been stripped, and properly re-built. Bo Neilson is running stupid BHP through his Time Attack car on the M32. Courts also fit an extra oil cooler and overfill the box with oil on their track cars.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
iv just looked 320 or more n i loose a fiver but some horses get fed so not the end of the world.

so what do i get if you dont make 320bhp? a drive in your car at pvs without loosing fingers??(y)(y)
no i think the broken fingers is mandatory lol :)

The M32 is OK if it's been stripped, and properly re-built. Bo Neilson is running stupid BHP through his Time Attack car on the M32. Courts also fit an extra oil cooler and overfill the box with oil on their track cars.
i think thats going to have to be a step i take with my new one over fill and fit a breather system
i did look in to the m32 but they're so expensive to replace/repair with the f23 coming in the £60-100 i could quite easily just keep replacing them :)
saying that could of the done with the extra gear when it bounced off the limiter in 5th today :)

BlkWdoSS

Did you consider plugging the silencer holes while you had the blower off? It doesn't gain any performance, but makes the whine much louder.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Did you consider plugging the silencer holes while you had the blower off? It doesn't gain any performance, but makes the whine much louder.
i did consider it but had thoughts about the horror stories of it dropping out then getting fed into the engine in small particles :)

BlkWdoSS

Ive run several cars for 100k miles + without any issues of them falling out. the only people I have seen fail were the ones that didnt pay attention to the details, and you sir are all about the details, you will be safe.

BlkWdoSS

Wife's Saturn Ion Redline, 2.9" pulley Plugged silencer whine:

A Friends Cobalt, 2.8" pulley plugged silencer whine:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
got bored waiting for parts to arrive so took the charger off then took it to bits to change the coupler back to the original and check the oil level
the inlet was cleaner than i thought
WP_20140729_18_41_45_Pro.jpg

even clean right down deep
WP_20140729_18_42_06_Pro.jpg

i then took the wire brush to it
WP_20140729_18_45_19_Pro.jpg

after changing the oil and the coupler "no loss in oil still 100ml" gave it a wash with wheel acid to make it shine again
WP_20140729_21_32_07_Pro.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
chargers quieter at idle no more rattle and it makes a great whine when dumping into 3rd booting it
this vid is of the lecky bypass valve but you can hear the injectors are noisier than the engine and charger :)
the phone cam lens is whats making the hum must need dropping lol

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
rear needle bearing replacement
the bearings are only available from zzp in murika the style 2 with the open back
to remove them you will need a blind bearing puller
WP_20141113_16_56_56_Pro (Medium).jpg

the slide hammer was not effective enough to remove the old shells
after snapping the plastic cage and removing all the needles the tool end was fitted and locked in then flat plate m10 all thread with many washers and a nut also applying lots of heat to the alloy casing around the shells helped get them out
WP_20141114_15_17_04_Pro (Medium).jpg

the plate was not quite thick enough :)
WP_20141114_15_25_49_Pro (Medium).jpg

old ones out
WP_20141114_15_36_41_Pro (Medium).jpg

case cleaned and new bearings fitted with the rear end of the right sized socket and an extension bar hammer in till just under the surface
WP_20141114_16_07_06_Pro (Medium).jpg

fit the rotors back in the case and turn them just as they go in to the new bearings
you will need to apply anaerobic red sealant to the rotor pack case flange
WP_20141114_16_18_20_Pro (Medium).jpg

add a new coupler if needed :)
WP_20141114_16_18_09_Pro (Medium).jpg

fit the snout with the same red anaerobic sealant and then thread sealant to the 2 lower bolts the protrude into the rotor case
then add 4fl oz (100ml) of the gm branded supercharger oil :)
WP_20141114_16_40_18_Pro (Medium).jpg

fitting a replacement bypass valve
WP_20141019_11_56_01_Pro.jpg

install preload tool
WP_20141019_12_00_28_Pro.jpg

turn the flap so the groove in the pin fits in place
install bolts loosely make sure flap is shut and tighten the bolts
WP_20141019_12_24_35_Pro.jpg

testing the bypass valve with a vacuum brake bleeder fitted to the 2nd port if it pulls a vacuum then the diaphragm is split altho the valve will still work
WP_20141019_12_33_33_Pro.jpg

Last edited: