vectra c grill modification

Dave Gilbert

grill with badge.jpg

just need to decide on a badge not sure that a wheel centre cap is big enough

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
de mask it while its wet :) after your final coat that is otherwise the paint sticks to the masking tape and you lift off when its dry

Dave Gilbert

yeh abit of a texture and matt finish. i couldnt demask wile it was wet as it was fiddly. it was fine with the scaple blade
i think i will use it again on any chrome on my classic mini(i dont like chrome)

just need to decide on a badge. i want the new style but vaux dont do the new style at 80mm so i think im gonna have to go smaller. or have a gel sticker but i wanted it to like its from the factory.
still need to get my wheels refurbed, finish my service parts, replace my rocker gasket, drivers door b pillar trim(paint flacking) and do something about the front 2 interior handles. then she should be ready for PVS ohhhh n a really good clean inside and out. nice 1

Dave Gilbert

just a few other jobs to do, i have a frosty headlight that needs sanding and polishing, exterior door trim on b pillar to replace, all the badges on the centre caps, new badge on the boot and 2.2 badge, fuel filter, spark plugs and clean the k & n air filter and thn give it a propper good clean.
really wanted to sort me wheels but the missus wanted a hot tub so she got what she wanted and my things get pushed back. oh well the tub should be fun

Dave Gilbert

Done the fuel filter, spark plugs and cleaned the k&n air filter and turned the service light off. And done the b pillar trim and 1 wheel centre cap. Im getting down the list. B-)

Dave Gilbert

i bet all you need to do is give it a clean. with your flash vxr, id love a vectra vxr but i couldnt afford the tyres never mind the car or to run 1.
nice 1

Matt

Administrator
i bet all you need to do is give it a clean. with your flash vxr, id love a vectra vxr but i couldnt afford the tyres never mind the car or to run 1.
nice 1
It needs a full clean, and I need to fit the new discs and pads when they turn up. I really like the Insignia VXR, but the 20" tyres would be even more than the 19"s I had to buy for the Astra 2 years ago (£640 for 4)

Dave Gilbert

Oh yeh i forgot about the insignia vxr yeh id love 1 of those aswell. The missis loves insignias. I could live with a insignia sri, maybe in about 5-6 years when there about 3000 quid. a nice white 1

Dave Gilbert

I bet discs n pads arnt cheap for a vxr. I did mine about a year ago they cost about £80 for the front, i allways use mintex. But tyres are allways part worns for me. my last 2 tyres cost me about 25 quid and there a matching pair of goodyears with about 6mm as i bought a pair of alloys with tyres for £115 and then sold mine for £45 each so they were a bargain and the wheels were in better condition than mine aswell. Im a genius hahahaha

Matt

Administrator
I bet discs n pads arnt cheap for a vxr. I did mine about a year ago they cost about £80 for the front, i allways use mintex. But tyres are allways part worns for me. my last 2 tyres cost me about 25 quid and there a matching pair of goodyears with about 6mm as i bought a pair of alloys with tyres for £115 and then sold mine for £45 each so they were a bargain and the wheels were in better condition than mine aswell. Im a genius hahahaha
These are what I've got coming:
http://www.mtecbrakes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_23_64&products_id=18539

tunk

I upgraded mine to an sri grill.

uploadfromtaptalk1369245179234.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Gilbert

I didnt notice there was a difference in grills . Iv just down graded from an sri grill n plastidipped it n changed the badge. oh well. Iv still got my standard grill.

Dave Gilbert

Not a bad price for front and back grooved and drilled with mintex pads. i think it was about 130 just for the feonts on mine if i wanted grooved n drilled. U cant beet mintex

Dave Gilbert

so parts fitted today (except the oil n filter i did them a few weeks back) just to make you all feel abit better and to help motivate you all

i never knew how s**tty it looks underneath and mite swap the rear door trim as there a slightly different colour
I have done 1 centre cap on the wheels but i will cross that off my list when all 4 are done. check it out all genuine gm parts or top quality,
plugs.jpgoil n filter.jpgfuel filter.jpgb pillar before.jpgb pillar after.jpg i cant believe i didnt notice the difference in my old grill and new grill until tunk mentioned it. all ebay parts on a budget. the spark plugs should cost about £35 but ebay i got them for £1.30 +£6.00 shipping bargain u cant beat ebay nice 1

Dave Gilbert

still only done 1 centre cap but thought id show you anyway
wheel with new centre cap.jpg
could do with a good clean or refurb but cant afford to refurb at the minute