vectra c grill modification

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
de mask it while its wet :) after your final coat that is otherwise the paint sticks to the masking tape and you lift off when its dry

yeh abit of a texture and matt finish. i couldnt demask wile it was wet as it was fiddly. it was fine with the scaple blade
i think i will use it again on any chrome on my classic mini(i dont like chrome)

just need to decide on a badge. i want the new style but vaux dont do the new style at 80mm so i think im gonna have to go smaller. or have a gel sticker but i wanted it to like its from the factory.
still need to get my wheels refurbed, finish my service parts, replace my rocker gasket, drivers door b pillar trim(paint flacking) and do something about the front 2 interior handles. then she should be ready for PVS ohhhh n a really good clean inside and out. nice 1

just a few other jobs to do, i have a frosty headlight that needs sanding and polishing, exterior door trim on b pillar to replace, all the badges on the centre caps, new badge on the boot and 2.2 badge, fuel filter, spark plugs and clean the k & n air filter and thn give it a propper good clean.
really wanted to sort me wheels but the missus wanted a hot tub so she got what she wanted and my things get pushed back. oh well the tub should be fun

Done the fuel filter, spark plugs and cleaned the k&n air filter and turned the service light off. And done the b pillar trim and 1 wheel centre cap. Im getting down the list. B-)

i bet all you need to do is give it a clean. with your flash vxr, id love a vectra vxr but i couldnt afford the tyres never mind the car or to run 1.
nice 1

Matt

Administrator
i bet all you need to do is give it a clean. with your flash vxr, id love a vectra vxr but i couldnt afford the tyres never mind the car or to run 1.
nice 1
It needs a full clean, and I need to fit the new discs and pads when they turn up. I really like the Insignia VXR, but the 20" tyres would be even more than the 19"s I had to buy for the Astra 2 years ago (£640 for 4)

Oh yeh i forgot about the insignia vxr yeh id love 1 of those aswell. The missis loves insignias. I could live with a insignia sri, maybe in about 5-6 years when there about 3000 quid. a nice white 1

I bet discs n pads arnt cheap for a vxr. I did mine about a year ago they cost about £80 for the front, i allways use mintex. But tyres are allways part worns for me. my last 2 tyres cost me about 25 quid and there a matching pair of goodyears with about 6mm as i bought a pair of alloys with tyres for £115 and then sold mine for £45 each so they were a bargain and the wheels were in better condition than mine aswell. Im a genius hahahaha

Matt

Administrator
I bet discs n pads arnt cheap for a vxr. I did mine about a year ago they cost about £80 for the front, i allways use mintex. But tyres are allways part worns for me. my last 2 tyres cost me about 25 quid and there a matching pair of goodyears with about 6mm as i bought a pair of alloys with tyres for £115 and then sold mine for £45 each so they were a bargain and the wheels were in better condition than mine aswell. Im a genius hahahaha
These are what I've got coming:
http://www.mtecbrakes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_23_64&products_id=18539

I didnt notice there was a difference in grills . Iv just down graded from an sri grill n plastidipped it n changed the badge. oh well. Iv still got my standard grill.

Not a bad price for front and back grooved and drilled with mintex pads. i think it was about 130 just for the feonts on mine if i wanted grooved n drilled. U cant beet mintex

so parts fitted today (except the oil n filter i did them a few weeks back) just to make you all feel abit better and to help motivate you all

i never knew how s**tty it looks underneath and mite swap the rear door trim as there a slightly different colour
I have done 1 centre cap on the wheels but i will cross that off my list when all 4 are done. check it out all genuine gm parts or top quality,
plugs.jpg oil n filter.jpg fuel filter.jpg b pillar before.jpg b pillar after.jpg i cant believe i didnt notice the difference in my old grill and new grill until tunk mentioned it. all ebay parts on a budget. the spark plugs should cost about £35 but ebay i got them for £1.30 +£6.00 shipping bargain u cant beat ebay nice 1