vectra c grill modification

Dave Gilbert

Hi everyone iv just bought a standard grill to modify myself. I want to take the chrome off and paint it satin black and then change the badge. Any advice on getting the chrome off. As its got tangs at the back but then melted into place. Cheers

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
plastidip :)
IMG_1838.jpg

no need to sand just mask it off and rubber it up:)

Dave Gilbert

iv never seen that plastidip before. the astra logo looks great like that on the chrome. is it just spray like normal aerosol cheers

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
yep you can get it in spray cans or as paint in a tin
i did my center console in grey :) its rubber paint and if you want to remove it it can be peeled off like a skin so you can go back to standard if you ever wanted to :)
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000562.jpg

there web site
http://www.plastidip.co.uk/

Attachments

• ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000562.jpg
    ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000562.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 289

Dave Gilbert

i did my astra centre consol but i spent hours with wet and dry sanding it smooth then sprayed it star silver to match the car n laquered it it was very smooth n shiny to say i did it with a can.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
its proven not to come off with even a jet wash

center console in the mk4 with a painted lacquer finish is horrid it's all you can see in the front window when its clean needs to be matt to stop the extra reflection :)

Dave Gilbert

ok i will just get a tin of black when it comes back in stock on there site, did u buy it direct from them? do u know there postage cost? chhers

Dave Gilbert

ok cheers. would you use anything else thats similar as theres 1 on ebay for 13 quid i think. same thing just a different brand. called sprayndip