vectra c grill modification

Dave Gilbert

does any one know how to get the gear knob off?????

its driving me mad all i can find is its pressed on and maybe glued so give it a good pull??

iv nearlly pulled the gearbox into the car iv been pulling that hard.

is there any grub screws or owt do i need to remove the silver bit first please help

MikeS

Former Staff
isn't their a tiny hex screw on the side like the ones they use on OEM stereos

Dave Gilbert

just got my centre caps for the wheels
old.jpg
missing.jpg
new.jpg

had to modify them alittle bit but there on the standard caps just swapped the badges, just need to find a good glue to stick them on securely, i know this is a old thread but oh well

rushy

Looking good buddy, they make the old Griffin look well out of date.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dave Gilbert

dont they just, im just looking for 1 for the front grill but i cant find 1 the right size its 80mm for the front grill, iv got 1 for the boot lid, and i need to figger out how to get the badge of the steering wheel. nice 1

Dave Gilbert

cheers rushy, iv send him a pm so we will see, i dont really want to take my airbag off though, knowing my look it would go off and take my head off with it.hahaha

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
cheers rushy, iv send him a pm so we will see, i dont really want to take my airbag off though, knowing my look it would go off and take my head off with it.hahaha
i always get twitchy taking it off you have to disconnect the battery and wait so many mins to be safe

Dave Gilbert

yeh maybe al leave it over night to be safe.
i had to really butcher the new badges to fit my caps. so i need a good glue if anybody has done something similar, im stuggeling to find a badge for the grill but inwill find 1 nice 1

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i used tiger seal to stick a badge to my slatted grill it was sticky back also
it held for 6 years and caught it every when washing with the shammy :)
8427-72139bb56cb9b3abe94c8b86181be32f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Gilbert

i was gonna use e3000, it is supose to stick owt to owt but it was a bit stringy n stretchy.so i mite get some tiger seal
i will try him thanks matt

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff

Matt

Administrator
click there avatar then start conversation :)

they use tiger seal to fit wings with no bolts and spoilers/trims it takes a few hours to set but once set its awesome
it only comes in a big tube like silicon
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U-pol-Tiger-Seal-Pu-Adhesive-Sealant-Black-Tigerseal-/110822397021

i glued an m10 nut to the wall it broke the cement when i tried to pull it off with force
I've used Tiger Seal in the past to stick spoiles and grills in place. Sticks like s**t to a blanket!
25.05.03 Final 15.JPG