VECTRA C 2.2 TURBO SRI 16VALVE 250/60BHP (rolling road to let me know soon)

Dave Gilbert

New thermostat housing has arrived and the flat area I was hopeing to use for an AN fitting isnt flat so not sure what to do now, anyone good at ally welding? Or got any better ideas? 20150106_151910.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
you cant put it there anyway with the f23 box :) the cables are in the way

theres a hole in the bottom of the water pump that would take a banjo bolt :)

Dave Gilbert

Iv been up n taken the thermostat housing off the z20net and they mount up the same(obviusly) so whats in the way to stop me using the net 1?

Also had another thought(not sure if its a good 1 or not) but the temp sensor(I think) on the se 1 could I use that hole for the water pipe to the turbo n move the sensor? Or am I over complicateing it as useual and just go from the water pump(not the green 1)

Dave Gilbert

Also found that the pipe that runs across the back of the engine is different, well its the same but the tab that locates it into the thermostat housing is in a different position so the pipe sits different(probably because of the different exhaust manifold)

Dave Gilbert

evocarlos just bin googling and found your thread about your thermostat modification, iv commented on it so I should thought about it but could I do something similar to yours and go above the stat or is that going to cause issues waiting for the stat to open?

Dave Gilbert

Or could I drill a hole somewhere on the housing and add some thing like these and have it ally welded
270865713881 ebay item number?

Dave Gilbert

NET on the bottom SE on the top. Just cleaned the se with a brillo.

Might get some anosol on it later depends how it feels on the hole. :ROFLMAO:20150107_153602.jpg

Dave Gilbert

thinking of something like this on the back of the thermostat housing

Screenshot_2015-01-07-17-29-05.png

should be ok on the back shouldnt it? i just need to figger out the thread size of the banjo bolt on the standard pipe. but cant do that untill saturday.

Dave Gilbert

Its here its fianlly here, it got here at about 4.00 today when they said it was out for delivery yesterday. But its here n I have loads of loom I dont really need but should have the bit I need aswell.

Also the spoiler looks ok, he said it was abit bent from removal so gota try n warm it up and get it back in shape before paint. N a little bit of filler here n there, im sure it will be fine.20150110_171810.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-10-17-18-36.png

Last edited: