Project Freeze My Ass Off (rear Poly Bush's Astra G)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
thanks to @Sjdickso for the link

new box turned up £70 shipped and its a AH same as on my car the ad said 38k but thats bollocks if it had done 38k it would still be shiny
WP_001439.jpg

not to worry its getting dropped off at Geartech in worcester for a recon in a couple of hours :) then hopefully fitted this weekend if they get it done by friday

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I have a gearbox for you mate. 145.000 kilometres in full working order
bit of a long drive for me to come fetch it lol :)

lol changed the oil then got a eml then went away with op-com but may be down to the abs fault
WP_001446.jpg

found out the fault with the airbag light is cause my airbag curtains were malfunctioning
but wait i don't have airbag curtains or an airbag ecu programmed for them lol
WP_001447.jpg

they went away after unplugging the dash loom plugs and replugging them so the airbag light is off completely

i then decided to plug the alarm siren back in and thats working to well apart from the light flashing at activation and the ultrasonics not enabling
yay i fixed the light
WP_001451.jpg

boot switch was faulty must be the wiring broken somewhere in the lid
WP_001452.jpg

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Sorry you had this problem Carl, surely they should refund you send them it back in bits! With the report from gear tech.
the guy on ebay is adamant the gearbox is great and 37k and was stored indoors
but have given him geartechs number so he can ask them himself then get the box back and i can have a refund :)

its also weird how the input shaft was rusty shows it was nice dry storage (my arse)

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
You pulling all the loom out Carl?
just pulling the bulkhead connector and washing it out with switch cleaner then re plugging if theres still a problem with the abs / tc after that it is the abs ecu :)

going to tidy up some of the loom from the original supercharger fitting its a little messy and could be better :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
bulk head connector cleaned and refitted then the rest of the loom tidied
injector loom
WP_001454.jpg

large shrink tube on the extension for the main fuse block looked like it had rubbed thru a bit so this is a better solution
WP_001455.jpg

WP_001456.jpg

most of the cloth tape was coming away on the connectors
WP_001457.jpg

new tape and that factory look :)
WP_001458.jpg

and all back together and working it didn't fix the abs/tc lights but the ultra sonic's started working again :)
WP_001465.jpg

have picked up 5l of 75-90 oil for the gearbox see if i can't shut it up a bit :)
WP_001467.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Is SC motors torque just destroying or is it this......

I say the granny shifting your problem ;)
gearbox has been an issue for a long time but since the new engine its really gone noisy so want it to ether be quiet or get fixed :)
there nowt wrong with the way it works just noisy and its not cold enough for the shifting problems :)