2.4 Inlet General 2.4 Inlet Manifold Questions

rusrus

ive ordered the blanking plate from vx...to blank egr...got myself various new vac pipes...also got one way valve from corsa..ordered alt suppressor from demon tweeks..is there anything else that i will need.??

cheers

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Calm down dear!! They'll be here shortly. We got a good deal because of how they were being shipped. Shipped being the operative word.

They will be here soon.

thumbup

Teckynou

Hi all.

I'm really interesting by this mod.
I have readed teh 22 pages... but it was quite difficult for me (French).

I have a question : how many bhp can i add to my engine if ionly change de intlet manifold, without changing the TB, exaust manifold and the map....

thanks.

andyroo

Are they nearly here yet? :razz: :D

Teckynou; Dependant on current modifications, you should see anything between 15-25bhp increase. The reason why the increase is so large is because it raises the point where peak power is made, so rather than the power dropping at 5500rpm, it continues to climb all the way to 6800rpm (or whatever your limiter is set at... who know how long the power climbs for!) which is good! Low down torque can drop slightly, unless you have a nice sports exhaust of around 2.5 inches wide, which will boost the low down torque instead. The reason this mod works is because it allows more air in at high revs where the original manifold would become a bottle neck and strangle the airflow.

Hope that makes sense! I usually reserve single syllable words and shouting for foreigners :razz:

Teckynou

andyroo said:
Teckynou; Dependant on current modifications, you should see anything between 15-25bhp increase. The reason why the increase is so large is because it raises the point where peak power is made, so rather than the power dropping at 5500rpm, it continues to climb all the way to 6800rpm (or whatever your limiter is set at... who know how long the power climbs for!) which is good! Low down torque can drop slightly, unless you have a nice sports exhaust of around 2.5 inches wide, which will boost the low down torque instead. The reason this mod works is because it allows more air in at high revs where the original manifold would become a bottle neck and strangle the airflow.

Hope that makes sense! I usually reserve single syllable words and shouting for foreigners :razz:

thanks for your answer
so, with a full factory engine and map, it can increase to 15 bhp @ ~6500 rpm (rev limiter) cheers.. really good.

I'll ready the "how to" for an astra, and maybe i will have some question.. think about alternator et vaccuom hose notsure.gif

poormansporsche

latest email from the autopartspeople:

Hello Brett,

Thank you for your inquiry. The manifolds have been re-released by Saturn, however, they no longer come with the gaskets and sensors included and are now only available as bare manifolds. If you also would like the corresponding gaskets and sensors those would have to be ordered separately. Please let us know whether you are interested in only the manifold or also the related gaskets and sensors and we can get you a current price quote.

Thanks,
Mike
www.saturnpartspeople.com Customer Service Team

Alessio

I got this one:

Hello Alessio,

Thank you for your follow-up and we apologize for the delay. Saturn no longer offers the manifold for your vehicle as a kit. If you would like the items that were previously available in the kit as well those items would be:
#12587878 - manifold - $150.52
#16212460 - sensor - $87.20
#12600729 - throttle body seal - $19.48
#12589516 - c/case vent pas seal - $16.56
#24455112 - Gasket - $4.72 each (4 required)

Please let us know whether you would like to continue with only the manifold or also with the related parts.

Thanks,
Mike

vocky

Staff
you only need these cheers..

12587878 - manifold - $150.52

12589516 - c/case vent pas seal - $16.56

but you can also get these if you don't want to reuse your old gaskets

2600729 - throttle body seal - $19.48

24455112 - Gasket - $4.72 each (4 required)

do not waste your money on the map sensor, it does not work on the z22se anyway.

Alessio

vocky said:
do not waste your money on the map sensor, it does not work on the z22se anyway.
Looking at part number, I noticed the map sensor is the same! It is already mounted on the original 2.2 manifold and can be reused...

Alessio

vocky said:
I never realised that :oops:
Look here:

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_1192_sensor1_2.jpg

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_1192_sensor2_1.jpg

vocky said:
still a waste of money when you already have one :LOL:
:D

Hexstatic

Cant wait to get it on the roller's with this manifold :) There seems to be so much better variety of part's avaiable for ecotec engines in the states, why don't we have the 2.4 :( is it the same as the z22se just with bigger cylinders?

battle..

ufods

Hallo from germany !!

yesterday i take my car off and i am happy to have the 100A alternator.

From www.autopartspeople.com i recieved the same mail like Alessio and poormansporsche.

But i do not know, what is this gasket is for??

--- 12589516 - c/case vent pas seal - $16.56 ---

Is this the gasket from the little hole between 2 and 3 cylinder.....can i use my old one??

Thank you for your help....Christian.

vocky

Staff
ufods said:
Hallo from germany !!

yesterday i take my car off and i am happy to have the 100A alternator.

From www.autopartspeople.com i recieved the same mail like Alessio and poormansporsche.

But i do not know, what is this gasket is for??

--- 12589516 - c/case vent pas seal - $16.56 ---

Is this the gasket from the little hole between 2 and 3 cylinder.....can i use my old one??

Thank you for your help....Christian.
yes it is for between 2+3

you can use your z22se gasket, you need to use a sealant to bond it in place, then use sealant to seal it to the head...
so I would buy a new gasket cheers..

I have since ordered the gasket and will fit it when it arrives :)