2.4 Inlet General 2.4 Inlet Manifold Questions

Muncher83

Andy_Z22SE_SRi said:
Is what Muncher83 said on page previous about the 100A having a black plastic pulley and so on gospel? I have one with the metal pulley and Im thinking (but cant see to clarify) its a 120A :(

I've no way of confirming that, that's just what I found on mine.

andyroo

The interlocking case seems to be the best bet. Looking from the top, if the two halves of the case interlock where the bolt joins them together, its a 100amp. If there is a gap between the tow halves of the case, then its a 120amp.

I seem to have the interlocking case :D Im just about to order the parts I need from saturnparts... am I correct in assuming all I need is:

(1) 2.4 Mani (not going for the tb aswell)
(2) Gasket set
(3) EGR blanking plate
(4) EGR Cheater (not sure what it is, where to get it??)
(5) New T-piece for brake vacuum hose

Ive got an Astra... so will I need some new pipework for the vacuum hoses and what not?

Cheers guys cheers..

vocky

Staff
you only need the manifold and a single gasket (oil breather) from the usa, everything else can be sourced in the uk

Cool, cheers vocky :) Ive just fitted a blanking plate, and what a difference to the idle it makes :D also cleaned out the tb as it was a wee bit dirty on the underside :roll:

The other bits on the parts list which can be sourced in the UK... are they GM? ie can I get 'em from a dealer?

VXJON

Thats mine fitted showo..

Some problems to note mostly due to the vx engine bay being open
1) The demon tweaks suppessors are polarity conscious (silly one but could be a pain in the ass)
2) Unable to remove the Egr, my mechanic was unwilling to force it off in case it damaged the head so he blocked the outlet side of the valve
3) One of the fixing hole lug for the ECU had snapped off meaning it was a little harder to refit
4) Mine was the 100amp alternator but he still cut the bolt for a easier fit

Silly stuff but thought id pass it along anyway cheers..

rusrus

VXJON said:
Thats mine fitted showo..

Some problems to note mostly due to the vx engine bay being open
1) The demon tweaks suppessors are polarity conscious (silly one but could be a pain in the ass)
2) Unable to remove the Egr, my mechanic was unwilling to force it off in case it damaged the head so he blocked the outlet side of the valve
3) One of the fixing hole lug for the ECU had snapped off meaning it was a little harder to refit
4) Mine was the 100amp alternator but he still cut the bolt for a easier fit

Silly stuff but thought id pass it along anyway cheers..

cool.. so when you blocked the egr..outlet side...did you just use thin metal as a blank..then bolted the pipe back on cut down.???so you still need to cut bolt down on 100a alt..dremel .????
and can you use any supressor of an old alt..???what one way valve did you use..part number.???
is yours a vectra.??? cheers rus

poormansporsche

ive ordered my manifold from Auto Parts People has it been decided whether or not it comes with the correct gasket - sorry if this has been asked before but my brain has turned to mush !!!!!!!!!

also any chance of a fitting guide for the vectra anyone or is it pretty much the same as the astra one???

Alessio

poormansporsche said:
ive ordered my manifold from Auto Parts People has it been decided whether or not it comes with the correct gasket - sorry if this has been asked before but my brain has turned to mush !!!!!!!!!
They replied to me literally this way: “All the gaskets are included”. I hope this will be true...

poormansporsche

just got this email back from them - ooo dear:

""""""""""""Hello Brett,

Thank you for the order. Unfortunately, we have sold out of your item and it
is on national backorder. There is not an accurate release date available at
this time. We wanted you to know about this unusual situation and see if you
would like us to cancel your order or keep it open and ship to you as soon
as it is available. If you would like to proceed, shipping on this item
would be $65. Sorry for the inconvenience. We look forward to hearing from
you.

Thanks again,
Mike
www.saturnpartspeople.com Customer Service Team

Anyone know the GM part number to see if i can get someone in the states to see if its available at a GM dealership ??????????????

Daz

Former Staff
poormansporsche said:

Unfortunately, we have sold out of your item and it
is on national backorder.

?

I wonder why.... :D

Alessio

poormansporsche said:

""""""""""""Hello Brett,

Thank you for the order. Unfortunately, we have sold out of your item and it
is on national backorder. There is not an accurate release date available at
this time. We wanted you to know about this unusual situation and see if you
would like us to cancel your order or keep it open and ship to you as soon
as it is available. If you would like to proceed, shipping on this item
would be $65. Sorry for the inconvenience. We look forward to hearing from
you.

Thanks again,
Mike
www.saturnpartspeople.com Customer Service Team

Anyone know the GM part number to see if i can get someone in the states to see if its available at a GM dealership ??????????????

When you placed the order?

poormansporsche

placed the order yesterday and then the email turned up today !!!

If anyones got them part numbers it would be helpful (thats if they are a official part though)