VECTRA C 2.2 TURBO SRI 16VALVE 250/60BHP (rolling road to let me know soon)

Dave Gilbert

Im getting there, iv been busy this week, I had to go n see if a bonnet fit in me car, n get my NET head.

But bits are coming together slowly, ordered a new intercooler because as useual every part of that donor car has been scrap. I hope the ecu and coils are ok.

Dave Gilbert

Got my thermostat housing back from dewismotorsport thanks alot mate, fantastic job. 1424543919149.jpg

nearly there. For parts, just a few more bits n should be able to fit It all, just the map to worry about.....

had a good few hours with milo and evocarlos
today, had a good laugh, nice to catch up and finally see the batcave

cheers lads

Dave Gilbert

Got the banjo bolt I needed(had 1 all along just put it in the wrong pipe)

And got another banjo bolt off ebay that im not sure if I want to use now. So I have there 2 banjos, whixh would be best? 4 smaller holes or 2 big holes.
20150301_125930.jpg

TFD

If its to feed the 10AN line I would use the 4 hole one.
10AN lines are big and need to be fed otherwise no benefit for a 10AN size. The banjo holes are the restriction for your flow.

If you want to do it right then you have to meassure the surface area of the holes and choose the banjo with the most "hole-area". Two small holes dont automaticly make up for 1 big hole if you know what I mean.

Dave Gilbert

Yeh I get what you mean, but its the standard feed pipe and the the 1 with 4 holes is the standard banjo for that turbo so I think that will be best.

cheers.
I had a go in a mates 100edition vectra yesterday with a 14t turbo on running about 250bhp(I think) n it went really well n hes mapping mine by the looks of it n said I should see 210bhp easy with the parts im using so im well happy.

Dave Gilbert

I have just found my next small issue.

my exhaust doesnt match the net cat. Im so glad I havnt sold the net exhaust yet.20150303_203023.jpg

the net exhaust is in poor condition so looks like im buying a new flexi section, thank god i dint buy a new 1 when mine went a few months back.

Dave Gilbert

Im just cleaning and checking parts, painted a few brackets aswell, just to make them abit more pleasing to the eye1425420795175.jpg

NET rocker covers been sent for modification to fit SE head, thanks again to dewismotorsport

rhen its off to the powder coaters but not sure how its going to be yet.

Dave Gilbert

Road trip, for start of the build

Shouldnt be long now. I will have some pics for updates tomorrow evening hopefully.

Just 1 part missing which should be back within a week or 2 which is the rocker cover, I cant do much without it. But as soon as its back I should be able to bolt it together pretty quick. Woop woop

Dave Gilbert

Well I had a great day today, creating the first and only z22se with 6litre sump;)

cradle drilled, tapped and new fitting fitted then removed and bolt fitted to plug the hole untill i fit the turbo in a few weeks.

Also fixed my heat shield on the exhaust that has been hanging off for a while by the looks of it.

20150309_155457.jpg