Supercharged from Holland...

2.2 SRI 150

think he must of been the guy who was doin the mappin for mine the other week when i was down at courtnays ...

z22se-fan

Yes that's right the graph is showing nm.
Does someone know a simple and effective way of aligning the S/C pulley? Mine is slightly off and is scratching the belt...

poundy

Yes that's right the graph is showing nm.
Does someone know a simple and effective way of aligning the S/C pulley? Mine is slightly off and is scratching the belt...
they are fixed points so you will have to shim it out mate

z22se-fan

Well, here's an update on my ongoing S/C-project and sadly it isn't a good one. Why? Since I've done the conversion the engine is running so incredibly rich I'll never get it through MOT or APK as we call it over here. CO-values are around 9% where a maximum of 0.5% is allowed . Basically the car is a environmental disaster on wheels. It's fast nevertheless. But especially at idle it doesn't run well. The ECU is constantly correcting the RPM to prevent it from stalling and fuel can be smelled. When the revs go up, it seems to be functioning properly. At least it feels like it’s doing what it is supposed to do which is moving me from A to B very fast.
I contacted German tuner Stephan Klasen (who does the S/C mappings for Courtenay Sport also) and he told me he could probably get it right while doing the final map.

So yesterday I went to Klasen Motorsport in Germany to get the mapping done. Unfortenately another problem turned up: above 3200 rpm a fault code comes in saying there is something wrong with the throttle body (I forgot to write down the number of the code). We re-checked all wiring for the 68mm throttle body needs to be rewired. This was all ok. Now Klasen says it can be a knackered TB or the ECU itself is wacked. This could also explain why it is running way too rich.
We decided to first rule out the TB and look after the ECU after that. That’s why I’m looking for a used LSJ Throttle body. Does any one have one laying around? I’ll place an ad in the clasifieds-section later…

After reading Chribo’s post on here I did notice I connected 2 hoses in the wrong place. I put the brake servo pipe on the small nipple on the TB where it should be on the big nipple on the supercharger itself. Now the EVAP-hose is connected to the big nipple where it should be on the small one.
Could this contribute to the problems I’m experiencing? I haven’t tried it the other way around yet, but I asked Klasen to check it out for I left the car at his place. The car was braking normally.

So that’s it for now. I cleaned up the engine bay and rerouted the wiring. The squeeling of the belt was solved by putting on a tighter belt, 5pk1536 is now on. It doesn't seem to scratch anymore so I hope it's fine now. And I also fitted a catch can. Some pics below…

If anyone has an idea of what is causing my problems, I’d be glad to hear!!

IMG_0315.JPGIMG_0314.JPG
IMG_0319.JPG
IMG_0316.JPG

cologne

After reading Chribo’s post on here I did notice I connected 2 hoses in the wrong place. I put the brake servo pipe on the small nipple on the TB where it should be on the big nipple on the supercharger itself. Now the EVAP-hose is connected to the big nipple where it should be on the small one.
Could this contribute to the problems I’m experiencing? I haven’t tried it the other way around yet, but I asked Klasen to check it out for I left the car at his place. The car was braking normally.

general info:
brake hose must behind tb. so enough air at idle when tb is closed.
evap hose can before or behind tb. i have it before tb.

your 68 tb has the smal nipple.
both nipple are behind tb. so at theory you can change the hoses. it has nothing to do with your problems.
but for enough air for brake it is much better the brake hose at big nipple.

big nipple to brake
small nipple to evap
at the picture i se a black pulley. is it the original from usa with 3,35" = 85 mm diameter ?

cologne

@ 22se-fan
for 68 mm tb call hitec. may be he had some.

the following infos had nothing to do with your probs.

measure boost pressure because boost had to do with power.
my infos i´ve read about power at speedster tuned by hitec or vx-performance = regelin.

http://forum.opel-speedster-club.de/index.php?showtopic=22898&st=495&start=495
http://www.vx-performance.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46_67&products_id=117

z22se, cr = 10 : 1 = original, boost cooling with laminovas an so on
260 ps
0riginal 2.2 tb with 58mm
pulley 77 mm and boost 0,85 bar

but be carefull with 260 ps in astra g because astra is neary 50 % more weightness as speedster. don´t forget the golden rules from gm.
i thing 250 ps is enough. imho boost is 0,75 or so.

i don´t have infos about classen or courtenay.

Last edited:

z22se-fan

Well, here's an update. Klasen replaced the tb for the original one: no success. I picked up the car from his shop and brought it to the garage from my nephew. So I left Germany without final map but with error code p1514 and still a much too rich running car.
Back in Holland we checked all we can check. Wiring, leaks, map sensor, injectors, fuel pressure, carter vent, Etc. The only weird thing we found is the injector opening time: 7,5ms a pulse. According to Klasen this should be 2ms. So it looks like there is something wrong with whatever the ecu is telling the injectors what to do.
Also on startup (and after resetting fault codes) the engine runs error free. From 3000rpm p1514 turns up and it goes in emergency mode.

I'm pretty much running out of ideas to be honest. Maybe a faulty ecu? The car ran fine before and didn't run rich or anything.

If anyone has any idea, I'd be more than glad to hear them. Thanx!

z22se-fan

Yes that's what I'm thinking too. I have a spare ecu, connected it to the car with the immobiliser and transponder. Injector opening time now at 4ms at 80degree celsius. Could be right, don't know. I would need the other ecu remapped again then...

pottsey

may sound strange but are all the pins on the mapped ecu straight ,as i had problems with codes on mine as i bent a pin when putting the plugs in

z22se-fan

may sound strange but are all the pins on the mapped ecu straight ,as i had problems with codes on mine as i bent a pin when putting the plugs in
Hi, yes they are alle straight. Big suspect is the ECU itself now. I changed it for a standard one with standard software. Not even mapped and it already runs better. It could be it, but I'm still not sure. I have to get this one mapped too, and see what happens. Actually don't want to spend money anymore without being sure it will fix the problem.

pottsey

Hi, yes they are alle straight. Big suspect is the ECU itself now. I changed it for a standard one with standard software. Not even mapped and it already runs better. It could be it, but I'm still not sure. I have to get this one mapped too, and see what happens. Actually don't want to spend money anymore without being sure it will fix the problem.

well if it is the ecu ,say its been flashed wrong surely whoever done it should do it again free.
when i thought mine was the ecu i contacted jon at courtenay and he was prepared to do it again free,but like i said i found out i had bent a pin plugging it in .