Supercharged from Holland...

z22se-fan

well if it is the ecu ,say its been flashed wrong surely whoever done it should do it again free.
when i thought mine was the ecu i contacted jon at courtenay and he was prepared to do it again free,but like i said i found out i had bent a pin plugging it in .
Could be damaged during transport as well... I asked CMS to flash the other ECU to see if the ECU is the case. Should know what's up then...

z22se-fan

Finally some (good) news: I got the car MOT'd today and got Courtenay Sport to do the final map. Map sensor was broken and some wrong bolts were used on the inlet manifold so that wasn't sealed properly. Runs really smooth now... Really glad it's finally running like it should now after a lot of hassle... Results are 248.87ps and 221.87 lb/ft.

pottsey

Finally some (good) news: I got the car MOT'd today and got Courtenay Sport to do the final map. Map sensor was broken and some wrong bolts were used on the inlet manifold so that wasn't sealed properly. Runs really smooth now... Really glad it's finally running like it should now after a lot of hassle... Results are 248.87ps and 221.87 lb/ft.

excellent news mate(y) ,bloody good figures there bet your well chuffed
i really need to get my engine in tip top shape and get a decent figure

z22se-fan

Thanks, yes really chuffed.
Nice trip to CMS also through the lovely English countryside :cool: You're at stage 1 right? So you should get the same figures by adding the cargecooler

pottsey

Thanks, yes really chuffed.
Nice trip to CMS also through the lovely English countryside :cool: You're at stage 1 right? So you should get the same figures by adding the cargecooler
i have a charge cooler but i have a poorly engine lol smokes like a trooper a litre of oil about every 300-400 miles ,needs an overhaul
wish i'd known when you was over could have met up

z22se-fan

i have a charge cooler but i have a poorly engine lol smokes like a trooper a litre of oil about every 300-400 miles ,needs an overhaul
wish i'd known when you was over could have met up

Ah yes, let's do so next time. We can see your new engine then ; )

z22se-fan

Blowing a lot of dust from this old topic... Over a year has past since the last post! @evocarlos excellent threads inspired me to update it.
Anyway, here are some updates of my S/C project.

I've put on a much bigger Intercooler to get intake temps down:
IMG_0497.JPG

That needed a new bumper which was big enough to fit it in. I chose the Prodrive one from the Astra Sri-t. I mounted a cold air in take where the fog light was and put some new mesh on it.
IMG_0487.JPG

The guy I got it from assured me it was colour code Z157. sadly it isn't... However I must say in real life it is less noticable than on this picture.IMG_0507.JPG

Then I decided it was time to get the software sorted. Cold starts weren't good and the idle was lumpy. Then during a MOT the O2-machine showed it was running lean. OBDTuner (www.obdtuner.com) is available for VX220 / speedster with the z22se engines. This software turns the z22se ecu in a fully self programmable device. With no local tuner nearby that could handle the z22se ECU the self map option of OBD tuner was very appealing to me. It also has lots of logging parameters:
Logging.jpg

Because it's based on the Original software for the vx220, cruise control isn't supported. Other than that, I'm well pleased with it. Engine runs significantly better with it, no more odd cold start and it idles really smooth. Because of the logging from OBDTuner I saw the z20let injectors were almost at 100% duty cycle above 5300 rpm. This made me fit the bigger VXR injectors:
IMG_0522.JPG

I also installed the Original LSJ TMAP sensor which has a built-in temperature sensor. Because this is placed after the supercharger instead of in the air filter a much more relevant intake air temperature is measured. Which gives the ECU a better image of what's going on so it can act accordingly.

And this is how the engine bay looks now:
IMG_0503.JPG

Here are some other screenshots from OBD Tuner. Adjustments of throttle response:
throttle.jpg

Lots of parameters to self-adjust. No need to go to a tuner to do this for you:
parameters.jpg

Fueling tables:
fueling tables.jpg

Well, that's it for now. If I can be of help to anyone, please let me know. I'll try an do better at updating more frequently

corsaZ22se

nice work.
that @evocarlos is evil! :LOL:
after he came down to collect some wheels and looking at his engine bay and my corsa he planted the idea of a supercharger in my head.
and ive already got 95% of a throttle body kit for it. :(