Saab engine build

vocky

Staff
I am hopefully collecting two repaired cranks today, so will measure the angle later

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
In the MGS manual it states that the sync puls notch should be 70* after the notch for cylinder 1 is at TDC, the triggerwheel/bracket I have drawn the sensor and wheel aligned with the tining mark at tdc.... I dont want to make triggerwheels and brackets that do not funktion..... so can some one check this out????
you right my mistake
The crank reluctor ring has 7 notches, 6 of which are evenly spaced (i.e. 60° apart) about 3/16" wide (5mm) and 1/4" deep (6mm). One additional notch is placed ion the ring to 'sync' the module to the engine's position. This sync notch (the sync pulse) is retarded by 10° from nearest notch.

• In a 6-cylinder application, the evenly spaced notches coincide with TDC. The sync pulse notch coincide with 10° after TDC for the #1 cylinder.
  • In a 4-cylinder application, the notches DO NOT coincide with TDC, except for the one at TDC for cylinder#1. The sync pulse comes at 70° after TDC for cylinder #1.

vocky

Staff
the z22se engines are starting to show signs of old age, two cranks supplied to me for the Saab conversions had worn journals :(

Luckily they could be saved after having the journals polished :D

SAM_3403.JPG

vocky

Staff
Today I built up a dummy engine and confirmed the above image should be correct :)

I have editted some above posts for any internet searches, it is a minefield trying to get the correct info and we (the z22se site) want ours right :p

Stig_1911

Was thinking of having the sensor pendicular to the wheel, if thats no good pleace let me konw..... I have med some adjustmets to the drawing of the triggerwheel and have sendt it to my former employer for cutting...
they will make one bracket so I can check it for adjustments.....before we make the batch...

vocky

Staff
the guy was saying that the sensor picked up the three spokes of the crank wheel, his trigger wheel is spaced away from the crank pulley, with this design being closer to the spokes it might prevent that false reading from appearing.

chill

Some nice work on the external trigger wheel boys, almost makes me wonder why i went for 2.2 instead of 2.0

vocky

Staff
not been much happening with these engines, just been waiting for parts :rolleyes:

But I now have two complete crank assemblies ready to go for balancing after Eagle crank number two finally arrived, the other is still missing / lost / stolen :mad:

SAM_3430.JPG

SAM_3431.JPG