Saab engine build

Stig_1911

Think so, I have asked the seller to check his inventory for cranks this part number 2237245765R ......

Stig_1911

I this the type of external trigger wheel nedded for the 2.2 crankshaft
file.php

Stig_1911

EDIT: if you are searching the internet for the correct timing marks please continue through this thread, the below image may not be accurate

Diswhl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Stig_1911

that would go very nicely in your 2.2 turbo engine :D
Yes...hum hum... and it is:D..... I can get trigger wheels made up..... If You have some Ideas about dimentions and fitting I could cad draw them and get them fabricated at my former employer..... CnC lasers,mills,lathes....

vocky

Staff
EDIT: if you are searching for the correct timing marks please continue through this thread, the below image may not be accurate

crank pattern 1.jpg
gm 4 cyl trig wheel.jpg

trigger.jpg

Last edited:

vocky

Staff
I machined flat the face of a crank pulley, which would make fitting the external trigger wheel much easier, I will post a picture later as I need to go and collect an engine :D

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
if the ring was made thinner round the edge you could use the flats that already on the pulley but it would mean drilling and tapping to bolt it down
im still unsure what the start point is your image vocky shows 0* and notch 5 so is that tdc on the engine is the crank sensor at notch 5 on the trigger wheel ?

EDIT: if you are searching for the correct timing marks please continue through this thread, the below image may not be accurate
fotoyl (Medium).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

vocky

Staff
this is the oil supply for the exhaust cam auxillary take off, which needs drilling and tapping to M10, then a suitable M10 grub screw and thread sealant adding

SAM_3379.JPG

vocky

Staff
this is the crank pulley with the face machined flat on my lathe, just behind it is the modified thermostat housing and modified coolant pump for an electric coolant pump conversion

SAM_3378.JPG

vocky

Staff
Coil pack and cover modification required.

I will make a small cable up (or most likely a metal strap) as the coilpack amplifier earth - from one of the three small screws to the cylinder head.

SAM_3382.JPG

Last edited:

ufods

Hey Vocky.
two questions as my english is not that perfect to understand all clearly.

1. what is the oil return bung and where is it placed?
so this is what the oil return bung looks like
View attachment 43184

2. when i close this opening, do i have to put a blanking plate over the hole opening?
this is the oil supply for the exhaust cam auxillary take off, which needs drilling and tapping to M10, then a suitable M10 grub screw and thread sealant adding

View attachment 43185

thank you man! Christian.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
1. what is the oil return bung and where is it placed?
its for the standard turbo oil drain and the bung fits in the lower crank cradle at the rear of the engine as seen in post 1 of this thread :)

2. when i close this opening, do i have to put a blanking plate over the hole opening?
the hole end will need covering as the open hole leads to the inside where the cams are :)

ufods

1. still do not understand ( problem with the language )

2. is it required to close the little hole or will it be enough too fit a big blanking plate with a seal wich close the "little" and the "big" hole

Sorry...real hard for me to understand technical english

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
1. still do not understand ( problem with the language )

2. is it required to close the little hole or will it be enough too fit a big blanking plate with a seal wich close the "little" and the "big" hole

Sorry...real hard for me to understand technical english
little hole needs to be plugged its the oil supply for the rear cam (under pressure)
the bigger hole would just need a blanking plate with seal
thats the easiest way i can explain it :)