Project Freeze My Ass Off (rear Poly Bush's Astra G)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Have you figured out what to do with the prerad / bumper, etc.?
not yet need to measure up and buy the right size was not that concerned as its not a requirement for getting the engine running :)
Almost there... 1540 might be ok, 1546 for sure is too long and makes it scream like a pig :)
but then i used 25mm spacers on the a/c pump so may even be shorter than 1540 the next size down the shop stocks is 1515 so will have to order it in :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
nice , very similar to one ive got ,I can change the colour of the leds either white or blue
need to find somewhere to fit it :s
That's the same as my old one that broke.
i hope this one works for awhile it only needs to go to 14psi :)

busy day tomorrow once the ecu is back and the new bits come i have been messing about the last few days so need to pull my finger out

z22se-fan

Carl, you could also consider this setup pulley wise. More belt for the alternator. Requires a smaller pulley though
image.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Carl, you could also consider this setup pulley wise. More belt for the alternator. Requires a smaller pulley though
View attachment 14261
i had considered this the 1st time round i have many different drawings on a bit of paper me and dad sat down and looked at the options dad's an engineer but aint got the foggiest idea what im doing lol
the thing to do now would me put a step in the cs bracket to move the pulley closer to the block

the new pulley and 2bar map sensor came with the remapped ecu about 30mins ago :)
WP_001270.jpg

i will now go get a belt 1540 long just to see if it fits then continue with the loom extensions

z22se-fan

So can you basically pick which belt set up you want to use then?
Up until a certain point yes. There is the original cobalt ss setup and the setup without a/c (eg vx220), and with a/c (like carl's and mine) which uses the bracket from cms. Different pulley sizes then allow for different setups with different lengths of belts. They all seem to work fine...

pottsey

Up until a certain point yes. There is the original cobalt ss setup and the setup without a/c (eg vx220), and with a/c (like carl's and mine) which uses the bracket from cms. Different pulley sizes then allow for different setups with different lengths of belts. They all seem to work fine...
think my belt is 1585 ,also using the idle pulley from cms with no aircon

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
So can you basically pick which belt set up you want to use then?
like z22se fan said you can use 4-5 different ways depending on the stuff your running belts come in all different lengths so just get the one close :)
:)
think my belt is 1585 ,also using the idle pulley from cms with no aircon
you dont need the idler pully :) you could've sold it me! hehe it wont be 1585
my run is 1440 with string and thats with a/c

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
shopping trip
60ah battery L=240 x W=175 x H=175
new seals for the charger as its p**sing oil into the rotor case
new special oil top secret grade to put in the charger :)
WP_001271.jpg

and a belt thats close 5pk 1453 ive got 2 5pk 1440 coming tomorrow
WP_001272.jpg

pottsey

like z22se fan said you can use 4-5 different ways depending on the stuff your running belts come in all different lengths so just get the one close :)

:)

you dont need the idler pully :) you could've sold it me! hehe it wont be 1585
my run is 1440 with string and thats with a/c
haha your right its a 1285 ,what threw me was that I remember seeing a 5 on the packet ,that 5 is 5 pk lol

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
anyone got one of these about ? or a part number
vectra b z22se inlet to brake servo pipe ?? my yellow clip just snapped :( must be vectra the astra one is too small for the super charger
$(KGrHqJHJDYE-8ydmlv6BPzQ2GIq3w~~60_12.JPG

Daz

Former Staff
Will check in my old Vec parts stash later and see if I still got mine Carl

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Will check in my old Vec parts stash later and see if I still got mine Carl

thanks daz
went to the scrappy but all the vectras there were already stripped or not z22se
think i can still just get away with using my clip but its in 2 bits and i dont think it will last

edit and here comes the f in rain!@!!!!!"2

Daz

Former Staff
Aint got it Carl.. Sure I seen it the other week.. But no sign of it now... Got an ecu and throttle body tho and a Coil pack

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
no bother mate will get on to vx next week
tb no good to me now :) and i have a coil pack already
do you have the fob and receiver and passkey for the ecu ? i have one but its just the ecu no fob or receiver