astra sri 2.2 supercharged

Matt

Administrator
As Si has said, quite rare in white, don't see many 2.2s in that colour.

Dave Gilbert

Only mk4 astras I remember in white was the 1.4 police cars.

only thing I would change on the exterior is door trims want to be colour coded and maybe maybe a gsi front bumper but it has the full irmscher kit so would be a waste to change to gsi.

Last edited:

sargsri

going to remove the supercharger kit of the black astra tom then I called in favour of a m8 he is going break the astra for me in the next couple of weeks.
no plans for the white astra just to fit the supercharger.

sargsri

removed the supercharger kit off the black astra and 50% stripped it i will keep most off the mechanical parts as spares my m8 is busy so just cracked on with breaking it booked a week of in may to fit supercharger to the white astra worked away in kent last week and London this week.
started sorting parts new chargecooler bought located a local silicone hose maker need some info on the egr value on the black astra was blanked off would I need to blank the egr value when I refit supercharger to the white astra ? also the injectors look standard if I fitted z20let injectors would I need a remap to suit also supercharger oil what grade and volume needed?
thanks

Dave Gilbert

You would need a remap to new injectors in to run right
but it should have atleast LET injectors fitted anyway to run I believe. But astra vxr injectors give alittle bit more.

egr valve could have been mapped out so may need to be blanked on the new engine.

evocarlos is the charger guru.

sargsri

the injectors are properly LET ones been looking at some pic's will compere them with standard ones in the white astra when I remove them you are properly right about the egr value I shall just fit the blanking plate.

5M1THY

They will be let injectors as it won't run on standard ones you can fit vxr injectors but unless your planning on forging it and more power there's not alot of point as you would need to get it mapped again and it won't actually improve anything..

As said definitely blank the egr off and as for supercharger oil here's a link on ebay you will need 2 bottles and a syringe to remove the old oil ideally

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff

sargsri

thanks for the info guys no further progress at the mo only got back from working in London this evening back down London Monday morning for the week still got half stripped black astra needs finishing and getting gone before before I can start putting the supercharger on the white astra will sort some pic's out when I get chance.

sargsri

finally finished stripping down the black astra today my m8 came good stripped the rest of the mechanic's out and got rid of the shell for me will start making a list of parts needed to fit supercharger to the white astra.
ai109.photobucket.com_albums_n61_sarg_01_STA60013_zpsabimnhf3.jpg

sargsri

had this week off work to fit the supercharger to the astra but not had chance yet the turbo on my transit give up on the way back from wales sunday all sorted now but pulled my back doing it, looking at starting it now on Thursday hopefully not decided if I am going to keep the air con 50/50 at the mo.

sargsri

I managed to make a start on the astra today not before fixing my transit van again broke a spring then sheared the bottom shocker bolt had to drill it out.
I decided to remove the air con as the air con rad had perished at the bottom then when undoing the bolts for the egr value a piece of the casting broke off good job its being blanked off not a good day weather has been crap for most off the day hopefully will have a better day tom and have the astra upai109.photobucket.com_albums_n61_sarg_01_STA60003_zpsiawlgwwn.jpg and running.

sargsri

after a loads of hassle and stress its up and running fitted new belt and removed the pre cat had to do some exhaust repairs tidy up some of the wireing loom check and double check that everything is done up right tuck it out for a spin runs drives and pull's well :) happy days.
just got to service it oil/filter and plugs also supercharger oil. then go through my to do list just happy its all up and running.
thanks for all the help and advice.