vectra vxr rear vented discs and caliper conversion astra g

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
That handbrake cable will be less prone to rusting :). I've seen a similar Astra/Vectra rear brake setup before. Nice, good work Carlos :)
thanks dave :)
the issue i had with mine before was the cable rubbing thru on the trailing arm then water getting in as you say that will never happen here unless the wheel takes a bite lol
Nice work there Carl, will be interesting to see what you think of them once they are bedded in.
thanks matt i do think they will be a good addition to the system

Don't be a chav and don't be testing it out in the local supermarket car park with hand brake turns :rolleyes:
lol what am i 12

stopped at the local paint supplyers and got a shot blasting gun ive bought a 2nd drivers caliper for the pin that broke
WP_20140721_16_54_11_Pro.jpg

new pins to fit the calipers the right ones this time lol
WP_20140721_16_54_25_Pro.jpg

after runing the car the pads look like there in the right place :) so the modifcation to the caliper braket are right
WP_20140721_16_54_50_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

milo

thanks dave :)
the issue i had with mine before was the cable rubbing thru on the trailing arm then water getting in as you say that will never happen here unless the wheel takes a bite lol

thanks matt i do think they will be a good addition to the system

lol what am i 12

stopped at the local paint supplyers and got a shot blasting gun ive bought a 2nd drivers caliper for the pin that broke

View attachment 52109

What the sand blaster going to be used on?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
raid array just failed on the pc cant do s**t on me phone so going to sleep

the 2 above pictures are new spring clips the right ones and the disc pad location

Matt

Administrator
raid array just failed on the pc cant do s**t on me phone so going to sleep

the 2 above pictures are new spring clips the right ones and the disc pad location
Ah s**te! What's failed, a single disk? I've had issues with the raid on my NAS at home, and had to rebuild the data on one of the disks.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
What the sand blaster going to be used on?
to clean the 2nd caliper up before painting now the holes are welded up

Ah s**te! What's failed, a single disk? I've had issues with the raid on my NAS at home, and had to rebuild the data on one of the disks.
not sure computer locked up then locked me out no "ctrl-s**t-esc or ctrl-alt-del"" did a hard reset power button for 5 secs then once it restarted it had a t fit at the bios screen then showed one drive as a non member
ive had to unmember the drives and make a new array (2 dirves in raid0) it all seams to be working now got windows 7 x32 on but just getting my usb prepped then going to reinstall x64
only b*****d part i did not have the softwear installed for my wd passport so automaitc back has been off for the last 3 months or so good job every thing on the computer was just just about engines and specs and random meme pics lol all the photos i had are all still on my phones and backed up on my passport

in a few hours it shold all be running again fingers crossed
cant find the mobo disk 217mb download for the lan drivers !

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
11gb worth of images off the phone lol

ok bit of an update to the conversion
2nd o/f/s caliper came today but its not a genuine gm so its not getting used the pin for the hand brake arm cam in handy tho
WP_20140722_18_33_41_Pro.jpg

welded up the hole after drilling the broken pin out
WP_20140722_19_20_16_Pro.jpg

pilot hole
WP_20140722_19_29_50_Pro.jpg

5mm hole ready for the pin
WP_20140722_19_34_55_Pro.jpg

its a tight fit just as its supposed to be :)
WP_20140722_19_35_10_Pro.jpg

Sjdickso

Staff
Carl, what RAID was it ? Lost a few disks myself and wish I had backed up, my mate runs 2 backups a day via scripts to cloud storage.

I remembering 10+ years ago doing a spanned disk what a bad idea that was it went pop :(

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Carl, what RAID was it ? Lost a few disks myself and wish I had backed up, my mate runs 2 backups a day via scripts to cloud storage.

I remembering 10+ years ago doing a spanned disk what a bad idea that was it went pop :(
its raid 0 running 1gb/s over 2 ssd's i wanted to install a 3rd drive and run raid 5 span and backup but the speed is pish
i do have the backup off the wd passport it save new files as there created i just forgot to set it up last reinstall

Matt

Administrator
I've got 1TB cloud storage with Microsoft Onedrive that came with my Office365 subscription, so I'm in the process of putting my 500GB of stuff on there that is on the NAS.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I've got 1TB cloud storage with Microsoft Onedrive that came with my Office365 subscription, so I'm in the process of putting my 500GB of stuff on there that is on the NAS.
remembered to install the wd software this time its on all time continuously backing up new created files of importance :)
Capture2.JPG

lol a little off topic but had to be said :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
ordered a new hub so took the wheel ,caliper ,carrier ,hub off then decided to modify the mounting plate for accurate dimensions and better fitment without washers
as the mounting holes for the carrier were enlarged to move the hole up i decided to fill it up
WP_20140724_20_47_37_Pro.jpg

like so this will also be ground down to a flat surface for the bracket to bolt to
WP_20140724_21_15_26_Pro.jpg

the top edge was also thicken up to give it more strength and give the bolt more meat to clamp on
WP_20140724_21_24_15_Pro.jpg

slag chipped off
WP_20140724_21_24_34_Pro.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
and now its done all tidied up
bolts now have metal above and theres no more washers
WP_20140724_22_50_15_Pro.jpg

24mm think both sides :)
WP_20140724_22_50_27_Pro.jpg

about the same size as the 2 washers that were there
WP_20140724_22_50_47_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
im not convinced might just buy the vec c dust guards
WP_20140725_21_11_18_Pro.jpg

also ordered the HEL vectra vxr full braided hose kit

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
finally got round to sorting the 2nd caliper out
WP_20140727_12_48_48_Pro.jpg

and the 2nd backplate modded and painted
WP_20140727_15_15_09_Pro.jpg

the passenger side is all bolted back on with the new hub
WP_20140727_11_15_58_Pro.jpg

just waiting on the stainless pipes so i can fit both calipers then bleed the system
steps to follow
modify the 2nd caliper bracket
rebuild the caliper