Announcement TapaTalk

Matt

Administrator
I've bit the bullet. As I don't use the site as much, I want you guys to have as much access to it as possible, so I've added TapaTalk back.

However, it things don't work correctly.....I won't support the investigation of the fault through TapaTalk, I'll simply be keeping the application updated.

HarleyPete

I'll stick with straight from a browser, I don't do much in the way of browsing from my phone and don't have FB running on it except on the odd occasion.

Matt

Administrator
I'll stick with straight from a browser, I don't do much in the way of browsing from my phone and don't have FB running on it except on the odd occasion.
I prefer the browser as well, especially on my Samsung S7 Edge, it's just as fast as using a desktop / laptop for browsing with.

HarleyPete

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium for me, the S7 wasn't out when I upgraded and I didn't like the lack of SD card support on the S6.

Matt

Administrator
Hi Matt,

The theme layout seems to have changed. Is this because of the Tapatalk addition ?
No, the theme has also been updated, and it's changed quite a lot of things (they added a load of new features), and the main forum node layout is now slightly different (some categories show 3 forums instead of 2 in a row).

Matt

Administrator
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium for me, the S7 wasn't out when I upgraded and I didn't like the lack of SD card support on the S6.
I went from the Z3 to the S7, as 3 offered to pay off 50% of the remaining contract for me to upgrade.

HarleyPete

Ahhh I see, that's a great deal. I'm with EE and have been since it was 1-2-1 (now that's going back). They wanted far too much money for the S6 and the 7 wasn't out.

Matt

Administrator
Ahhh I see, that's a great deal. I'm with EE and have been since it was 1-2-1 (now that's going back). They wanted far too much money for the S6 and the 7 wasn't out.
Had they not offered the contract pay off, I would have just waited until October when I could have upgraded as part of my contract. It's a bloody good phone as well. Really impressed with it.

HarleyPete

Yeah I've had Samsung's since I moved from HTC (they made the first SPV for Orange years back) after a number of years. As I said, the only reason I didn't go for the S6 was the lack of SD card support (I have a 64Gb card for work related stuff like time clock manuals etc.), which really put me off. Felt like they were heading along the IPhone route. Thing is I use my phone more than just for the basics, I use spreadsheet stuff, word stuff, calendar, PDF's, email etc.

Matt

Administrator
Thing is I use my phone more than just for the basics, I use spreadsheet stuff, word stuff, calendar, PDF's, email etc.
I'm exactly the same. It's basically a PC for me when I'm not at home. I can do pretty much everything on the phone that I can when I'm at my PC now :)

KevinH

No, the theme has also been updated, and it's changed quite a lot of things (they added a load of new features), and the main forum node layout is now slightly different (some categories show 3 forums instead of 2 in a row).

OK Matt, thanks for your reply. (y)

Matt

Administrator
first update since installing it, and I remember why I hate this piece of s**t software they provide

upload_2016-7-14_16-4-15.png

Matt

Administrator
So I've received the following from TapaTalk

Apple requiring HTTPS for all apps

Beginning January 1, 2017, Apple is requiring all apps to secure connections via HTTPS and certain other security requirements. These new requirements are called App Transport Security, or ATS. For more information, see TechCruch and/or Apple Developer

At least in the near term, Apple is expected to allow apps already approved in the App Store to remain there without being updated. However, as of Jan. 1 all new and revised apps submitted to Apple for approval will need to be ATS-compliant. To be ATS-Complaint, a sites must use HTTPS. Sites using HTTP will not be in compliance with ATS requirements. (So far, Google is not enforcing the HTTPS requirement for Android apps)

For any sites still using HTTP, we strongly recommend you upgrade to HTTPS as soon as possible. Upgrading your site to HTTPS is not difficult and your hosting provider may be able to help you with this. Security certificates are required for each of such sites, and this too can be obtained through your hosting company or elsewhere.

Once you update to HTTPS, you can login to Tapatalk>Sites>Site Settings and update your Forum URL.

For all Premium Tier customers, we will submit an update to be your iOS app to version 5.3 before December 15, so even sites still using HTTP will be updated.

While updating to HTTPS can be a bit of work, the use of HTTPS will help ensure a safer internet for everyone.

If you have any questions, please login to Tapatalk and submit a support ticket.

Now, HTTPS is still available, as I've installed a new SSL certificate, I'm just not forcing it. I'm going to do some testing with the site behind HTTPS again over the new few days, and will see how it goes.

Matt

Administrator
upload_2017-1-6_16-30-20.png

76 posts made from TapaTalk since it was installed again back in August. I'm removing it again, because it's causing loads of issues on the back end of the site.