**New Inlet Pipe - 2.2 - z22se**

Hexstatic

149.9 bhp / 151 lbs ft

i was expecting more but cant complain really, I havnt done that much, pre-cat removed, remus, lexmaul backbox, new filter, its 144 bhp standard so its up by 6 bhp,

I just cant wait to get the 2.4 manifold, should see 165 bhp :)

Hexstatic

manifold makes no difference as its the throttle body that it joins to.

yes it could fit directly onto the airbox, where my BMC CDA is positioned is the same place the hole from the airbox was, so it would fit yes...

but...

you would need to talk with EarlofBarnet and confirm with him that it would fit exactly where the origional airbox was, as I was the ginuea pig I had to alter the elbows + alu pipe etc etc....

not what most want to be doing,

the origional origional fitted like this, and could not fit onto the origional position of the inlet pipe to connect to the airbox...
ai191.photobucket.com_albums_z34_hexstatic_2007_carrr.jpg

I dont know what EarlofBarnet's plans are, but the origional pipe design in the above picture wouldnt fit, so hopefully he would have sorted all the problems out before selling it to other people :)

Hope this helps matey :)

Hexstatic

i wouldnt say you NEED one, what you would need woul be the aluminium pipe the correct length, and a 45 degree elbow coming off to the airbox...that should be a good fit, my BMC CDA is in nearly the exact place the connection to the standard airbox was, so you wont need to do much more than i did tbh....

hope this helps...

Hexstatic

i dont know mate,

all that is requred to fit to standard air box is a 45 degree elbow going off the alu pipe to airbox (see my pics on 1st page) and the aluminium pipe cut down by about 3.5 inches....

not that hard to do, you can do it yourself, its just a matter of wether you want to.... for the price it should be an exact fit with no modification required... but that is just my opinion....

hope this helps

Hareng

I will put mine back on after the mot next month, mines blue as well.

All you need is a short 70mm bore aluminium tube, a 45 degree elbow 70mm bore and a 90 degree elbow cut down available from any where that does silicon stuff Larkspeed, Demon Tweeks, lost my favourites in last format and didnt save but paid £26 all in from a place in Walsall, think the garage owner next door has a GSI and goes on vvoc.

Europa Blue SE1

2.2 SRI 150 where do you connect the breather filter to? do you have any pics without the plastic cover on mate? just I would like to fit my breather filter on but not sure where to fit it??? notsure.gif :oops:
Thanks
cheers.. Alan

Looks good Steve, well impressed :)

I think the fit of Steve's in practically as per the original pipes now. I could offer a kinked polished pipe if people wanted though, although I think a straight pipe is fine with the right hoses.

blue se2

Europa Blue SE1 said:
2.2 SRI 150 where do you connect the breather filter to? do you have any pics without the plastic cover on mate? just I would like to fit my breather filter on but not sure where to fit it??? notsure.gif :oops:
Thanks
cheers.. Alan

Alan when you take the cover off the engine you should see a breather pipe on the cam box cover it would have originaly fitted to the air intake pipe to the TB, you put it on that.

Europa Blue SE1

Thanks Neil mate you're a gentleman!
I'll be able to get my breather filter on now just wasn't sure! But I know what pipe you're talking about now! I seen it on yours also...cheers.. Neil
Thanks
Alan