Astra G 2.2 NA

IsaacZ22

Hello everyone ! I hope everything goes well for you since we are living a bit delicate moments.
After a long time without writing, here is my project that has taken me a lot of time and work, not to mention the money, but after seeing the results I am more than satisfied
Sorry if you do not understand something, some of you already know that I am Spanish and that I have to use the translator, and it is not that the translator is wonderful.

Well, two years ago the engine of my astra decided to die, skipping the chain and leaving the engine barely useless, but I decided to redo it and I have been running it for almost 1 year and a half, and it is going like never before.

Approximately 4 months ago I decided to install several improvements to get a little more power to the z22se, with the results of 181CV and 240NM, values obtained in power bank.
potencia 1.2.JPG

The engine has the following modifications
Completely rebuilt engine
balance shafts canceled
Cylinder head gasket z22yh and cylinder head plane wear -0.5
Polished and enlarged exhaust ducts
intake ducts worked
Lightened valves and worked valve seats
Pipercams 260º
Egr canceled
Intake with foam filter and pipes in 63.5
John Asley exhaust manifold
exhaust line without catalytic converter, with Imscher intermediate and rear silencer, all this in 50-55mm

banco 1 .2.jpg

And now, my question for connoisseurs, what else can you get, to get to 190 hp?
The exhaust system does not convince me much, according to my calculations, it should have an exhaust system in 57mm. What do you think?
Another idea is to find the throttle body of the 2.4, which throttle body is it Exactly?
I am also waiting to mount a new lightened flywheel, with a lightened crankshaft pulley, right now I have a crankshaft pulley as standard, with a lightened flywheel in 7k, and Zafira A z22se gearbox.
I accept all your ideas.

4-5 days ago, when I changed the battery on the side (due to weight distribution, I used to carry it in the trunk, but it was oversteering a lot when I put the VXR rear axle on it, so I decided to put it back in front). starting, the car goes up to 3,000 rpm, and when I step on the accelerator it does not work, so I decided to diagnose and these faults came out.
fallos 1.jpg

I think both the throttle body and the accelerator pedal have said goodbye, so I am waiting to find them. Am I right with the ruling?

With this I finish my publication, I hope you like my astra, and we will talk soon!
coche1.JPG

corsaZ22se

Nice results from the dyno graph. Well done.
The fault codes could all be a power supply fault to engine. Check all the wiring, fuses and relays before spending any money. All the items with codes are on same power supply. Red/Blue wire.
The exhaust would be better if larger, around 63.5mm would be good.
I have not heard much good about the light weight crank pulley. It's a shame you did not have the Crankshaft lightened and bottom end balanced while it was apart as this greatly improves the way the engine revs out.
The 2.4 manifold should take your close to if not above 190ps the exhaust will help that a lot to.

IsaacZ22

I forgot to put that I already have the 2.4 collector. I see the exhaust in 63.5 too much, I think the appropriate thing would be in 60 exterior, having an interior diameter of approximately 57.

corsaZ22se

Changing up to a 63.5mm down pipe made a big difference to my Vectra B, We have to run a cat still in UK for it to be road legal and pass the MOT test each year.
There are 63.5mm exhaust systems available off the shelf for the Astra so it will be easy to find one. Most of us in the UK who are N/A are using 63.5mm/2.5" exhausts. We do have 200cpi Cats as well.

Wirusss

Hello everyone. The more I read, the more I get confused. You have already completed many different projects. I'm lost in reading. I have a few questions, maybe someone will help me.

The point is this. I have an Astra G Z22SE with a broken head. Yesterday I bought a B207L engine.
Want to build a 2.2 hybrid engine
It will be non turbo version with Z22SE ECU.
Car run with LPG system.

As far as I understand I will have to use a SAAB block and cylinder head. The Crank, pistons, cams and rods from Z22SE. (Or better rods and pistons from Z22YH with Z22SE crank?)
Oil squirters need to be modified.

And questions is:
1. What to do with oil cooler? Will it fit or just blank it?
2. Oil sump and head cover witch better to use?
3. Can i use on B207 block, bottom end from Z22SE?
4. Need to buy new parts and got confused from wich engine they are needed? Z22SE or B207?
Head bolts
Head gasket
Big End Main Bearing Kit
Piston Ring Kit

Maybe you will advise which manufacturer to buy these parts 😃

Thats all, everything else I think I understood😃

corsaZ22se

Hello everyone. The more I read, the more I get confused. You have already completed many different projects. I'm lost in reading. I have a few questions, maybe someone will help me.

The point is this. I have an Astra G Z22SE with a broken head. Yesterday I bought a B207L engine.
Want to build a 2.2 hybrid engine
It will be non turbo version with Z22SE ECU.
Car run with LPG system.

As far as I understand I will have to use a SAAB block and cylinder head. The Crank, pistons, cams and rods from Z22SE. (Or better rods and pistons from Z22YH with Z22SE crank?)
Oil squirters need to be modified.

And questions is:
1. What to do with oil cooler? Will it fit or just blank it?
2. Oil sump and head cover witch better to use?
3. Can i use on B207 block, bottom end from Z22SE?
4. Need to buy new parts and got confused from wich engine they are needed? Z22SE or B207?
Head bolts
Head gasket
Big End Main Bearing Kit
Piston Ring Kit

Maybe you will advise which manufacturer to buy these parts 😃

Thats all, everything else I think I understood😃

You can use the Saab B207 oil cooler but I think you have to modify the thermostat housing in some way to make it fit with the rest of the Astra G parts?
You can use either sump pan.
The rocker cover is best to use the Z22SE one but you have to plug and blank the exhaust cam where the brake booster pump would be on the Saab B207.
You can swap all the internal parts from the Z22SE in to the B207 or use the B207 head on the Z22SE block.
All the parts will be the same apart from the piston rings which are different between the 2 engines so get the piston rings to suit the pistons you are using.

Hope this helps, good luck with the rebuild (y)