My vx220 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocky

Staff
The rear end is now fully rebuilt and I am just waiting for the new front clam to come back from the bodyshop :eek: :D

The original front clam, which was repaired and shown in the early pages of this thread, has already gone to it's new owner :)

I have a few other new bits to fit to the front end, but you will have to wait for pics :p

vocky

Staff
been busy recently :D

New front clam, with genuine Steinmetz grill

4379.jpg

foglight brackets still look like new - cat gets in the picture too :Bear:

SAM_4381.JPG

SAM_4382.JPG

Must not forget the correct decal hidden inside the clam o_O

SAM_4385.JPG

Last edited:

vocky

Staff
but before all that came these :)

Swedish alloy front uprights with EliseParts alloy steering arms and new M12 x 40mm torx head bolts

SAM_4386.JPG

I am also making some new 4 pot adaptor brackets from aircraft grade aluminium
SAM_4387.JPG

SAM_4388.JPG
how not to fit the lower section - had to remove it and fit the four bolts and then another new nut :banghead:
SAM_4389.JPG

SAM_4390.JPG

Last edited:

vocky

Staff
I bought some alloy bells for the rears last year, but have no discs. I then got bored and forgot about them :LOL:

Last edited:

vocky

Staff
I took it for a short test drive the other day and then reset the front tracking when I returned.

I have also bent the Europa gear lever slightly towards the passenger side as it made using 5th and 6th gears awkward due to my leg being in the way :rolleyes:

Other than that all seems good, but I really must find the enthusiasm to use the car more :(

An Exige S3 is playing on my mind :censored:

http://lotus.worldcarmodels.net/ima...3-s-roadster-race-and-premium-for-sale-in.jpg

vocky

Staff
owning a vx220 is best described as a 'love-hate' relationship :rolleyes:

Some days it's the best car you could ever wish to own, other days you hate the damn thing :wacky:

vocky

Staff
I will add the rear uprights if the rear tiebar issue can be resolved.

The stress analysis shows that the side loading on the lower mount means it will eventually crack and thus fail, which confirms what I have seen already on someones car.

vocky

Staff
I purchased a spare front bonnet at the weekend. I whipped the metal grills out ready for it to be painted and today took it to the bodyshop to be repainted in Europa blue.

Shame really because it had mint paintwork, but it was the slightly darker vx220 Coral Blue :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.