For Sale LE5 Engine, 2.4L Gen 2 Block (VVT), plus gearbox

rabidh

Hi,

I've got an LE5 engine for sale - I imported it from the US with about 70 miles on it, and have put around 2000 on it in a VX220 with ITBs. The car's been kept under cover for most of the time so the engine looks in pretty good condition (if a little oily).

Because it's a Gen 2 block it's got an oil cooler built onto the side as well - making it quite nice to fit in a VX220 as you can get rid of the car's own cooler.

A few years ago I had the edge of two pistons break up (I was running it on normal fuel at the time and I think it had been pinking), which slightly damaged the valves in two cylinders. I replaced all 4 pistons (with OEM) and the affected valves and it's been running fine since - although I imagine many folks here will just swap the cylinder head with a non-VVT Z22SE head and possibly even change pistons so none of that's going to matter.

Selling because I've never managed to map it nicely with the VVT - and there's so much traffic around Oxford that it just wasn't that fun for me to drive as it was. I've now swapped back to a mostly stock Z22SE and have this left over.

Includes:
  • Gearbox (for VX220)
  • Alternator
  • Almost new starter motor
  • crank & cam position sensors

Doesn't include:
  • Inlet manifold (standard Z22SE fit)
  • Exhaust manifold(standard Z22SE fit)
  • Wiring harness
  • Water temp sensor
  • knock sensor
  • coil pack