2.4 Inlet General 2.4 Inlet Manifold Questions

andyroo

Internal I believe, the nozzle on the servo valve was ~12mm so I would guess that was right. The servo pipe from the corsa is thin, plastic (but very rigid) pipe as apposed to rubber hose, so the internal and external dimensions are pretty similar. The diameter is printed on the pipe anyway, so no worries there, and the difference between that and an 8mm pipe should be pretty obvious at a glance anyway.

Daz

Former Staff
Try ure local mecedes van/truck dealer.we had some for a sprinter the other week and it comes in metre lengths,got a bit left in work so will measure the diameter,

Maik

A fellow dutch speedster owner mounted the ECU on a nice frame he made from alu, I have made my own now and hope to install it soon :)

2007_09010038.jpg

2007_09010044.jpg

2007_09010052.jpg

davemate

measurements of that would probably turn out to be really handy.

or even if he was willing to make a few more i would certainly be willing to part with a few quid for one of thise. it looks very good quality.

JohnnyN

Former Staff
moon..

TBH, the material cost for aluminium at the moment is stupendous. I would have to make it from billet aluminium. My cost to develope it, program, tool up and then produce it would be silly.

:roll:

andyroo

Surely just a template cut out with the vertical mounts bent downwards is how it was made? Billet indeed...

:razz:

It does look drool.gif though... I want one! Maybe if the template could be uploaded someone nice on here could get some made up cheers..

luna_s

tbh the template itself would be very handy

was wondering how does it seal with the TB ? i wouldnt do what they did and just use the two outer studs notsure.gif

vocky

Staff
luna_s said:
was wondering how does it seal with the TB ?

it will require a gasket between the tb and plate, between the inlet manifold and plate the original rubber gasket will be fine :)

some gasket paper from a good car spares shop is cheap, I had to make a gasket for my throttle body adaptor