Stupid Bollocks
Staff
so had al carson_sri round on friday for cam chain change
much to my surprise it was a bit more work than just a chain
parts off
WP_000951.jpg

evidence of a broken chain guide
WP_000952.jpg

what chain guide lol you can see the chain has been hitting the bolt for the guide and the balancer chain sprocket
the tensioner was past the last notch and almost ready to drop the end out :(
WP_000953.jpg

had also noticed the inlet cam was worn on the lobes over #4 (lower cam) replacement cam (upper)
WP_000961.jpg

heres a pic of the donor cam from a vec c 2.2
WP_000954.jpg

after blowing out the oil gallery and fitting the cam then the new chain set i went about removing the sump to recover the extra bits
WP_000963.jpg

there were parts of the broken chain guide in the oil pickup tube that were causing oil flow problems :confused:
WP_000964.jpg

heres the bits from the sump
WP_000965.jpg

sump rebuilt
WP_000966.jpg

here it is all back together
WP_000968.jpg

all in all now a happy z22se owner :)
al has some more pics i only got a few as i was on the job :)
side note the chain guide was broken @<88k miles looks to never have the chains changed

Last edited:

astra22bertoneauto

I really felt sorry for the car. It was an Elite model with colour sat-nav, full leather, climate etc etc. Only other bad point was the 6 speed box was starting to whine a bit.

MiTcH_SRI2.2

Spoke to allan on saturday after work, he showed me all the parts, i cant beleive myself how it all managed to hold together. Spot on job tho carl, hes a very happy customer. il have to be making my way down your way soon to get mine done especially after seeing those scary pics lol

corsaZ22se

make you wounder what kind of life the cars had?? :confused:
my Vectra had done 117k miles before I did the chains and still had adjustment left, running quiet. :)
head was cracked though and no 4 cylinder was near max ovallity. :(
rebore, new top end, shrick cams, new chains, new bearings, and 170bhp, still going strong living on in the corsa now. :)
great work again carl (y)