2.2 Turbo...

dewismotorsport

Vacuum on and off does make a difference. I've always set my adjustable FPR with it off personally

Dave Gilbert

Hi@TFD

Carl has just made me panick about water supply or return.

where are you running your water pipes? I know you said about the bottom of the water pump but wheres the other going?

I was going from the front like this 20150117_133320.jpg
It runs round the side of the engine and round the back to the turbo.

Do you know if this is a feed or a return?

I was going from here and bottom of the water pump. Cheers

TFD

Hi Dave,

haven't figgered out the return myself. On Cobalt forum they say to route it back into the line from block to expansionbottle but I'm not 100% sure if that is the correct way.

Waterfeed comes from the bottom of the waterpump (the drainbolt). Put a m12x1.5 banjo in there and your set.
Will let you know when I'm 100% on the returnline.

Dave Gilbert

So the bottom of the water pump is good for a feed(thats all I need to know. I have the return.

That picture I put on my last post is the standard water pipe for the z20net it T's off to go round the side n back to the turbo.

So maybe of some use to you aswell.
I will get a pic of the full pipe work when I get it off.

cheers im relaxed now haha.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
why would you panic ive alrady sent you the water flow diagram
water in from the front pipe and water return at the thermostat housing pump side so it has suction
turbo.jpg

dewismotorsport

Why not just use the small return pipe off top of rad as a feed and then return back to header tank?

That's how my C20LET feeds my Garrett GT3076R

Dave Gilbert

Nice work there, looks tight haha

iv just ordered my last few AN fittings

Iv just got to figger out the breather/vacuum pipe on the rocker cover.

n get oil, filter and coolant n sump gasket.

then im ready to build. Nice 1 looking good

TFD

You can 1) leave the breather on a catchcan with a filter and be done with it, or 2) route it back into the intake manifold (use a one-way valve!!!!)
I block the hole between runner 2 and 3 (intake side) and gonna do the above. Not sure now what is best.... let you know when I figgered it out.

Some more close-ups:

awww.mijnalbum.nl_Foto720_3LN4WE88.jpg

awww.mijnalbum.nl_Foto720_TFLBHHLA.jpg

TFD

Ok... one more time on coolant lines.
I'm getting a bit mixed up cause a VX may have a bit different lay-out as other vauxhall's... Not allways sure how to see the pics etc.

So here's the schedule from MarkV on the VX coolant flow:

awww.verboom.net_blog_20100411.0_z22se_cooling.thumb.png

For the idea: Rad is in the nose. Temp sensor is on the exhaust side of the engine (so at the back of a VX)

A) If I am correct, the z20net has a return in the "main outlet"? Correct?
B) The US Cobalt guys say to put the return into the "secondary outlet", straight back to the reservoir. I think this would not be such a great idea since you are warming up the cold water that is suppose to cool the engine (warm out and warm in....). Correct?
C) Tapping into the thermostat means you recirculate the hot water into a cold circuit and putting hot water into the engine. Not that good. Correct?

I would go with option A. Any comments on this one?

TFD

Cost you a tenner(ish) and has a 1/8 npt gauge hole to connect the waterline to (get a 1/8 to 6an adapter).

Dave Gilbert

So that would be for a aftermarket temp gauge but your using it for a feed or return from the turbo?

Good idea.

With mine it will look standard at the front, all the heat shields will cover most of the braided hoses and sexy fittings at the back(shame).

TFD

No fancy expensive intake adapters.... Exhaustflange and 2" bend seems to work better:
awww.mijnalbum.nl_Foto720_K3T8ZJYD.jpg

awww.mijnalbum.nl_Foto720_QNNZKAMU.jpg

Intake testfit. Maybe some heatfoil needed due tranny
awww.mijnalbum.nl_Foto720_8M7PX6TL.jpg

Upgrade the OEM turbo u-bend to a 2,5" u-bend
awww.mijnalbum.nl_Foto720_I6KGIEH8.jpg

Make space for the Saab intake
awww.mijnalbum.nl_Foto720_GCWW4CPI.jpg

Shiny stuff
awww.mijnalbum.nl_Foto720_Y4ALIDRT.jpg

Get some more exhaust parts and of we go for some welding.