z22se SC

vocky

Staff
I picked this engine up earlier and it is getting a full rebuild with Wiseco 8.9:1 pistons, Eagle rods, new genuine chains and water pump, bearings, gaskets, etc

I whipped the cylinder head off to check all was still good. I have heard the engine running so knew it was okay, but always worth another check :)

It was removed from a vx220 and was replaced with a forged z22se engine.

SAM_5330.JPG

valves all good and running sweet before removal

SAM_5331.JPG

ready for stripping

SAM_5332.JPG

Last edited:

vocky

Staff
Engine is now fully stripped, head has been ported and waiting to go to the machine shop.

Plus I am waiting for parts from the usa, so not much to do.

vocky

Staff
just collected the cylinder head from the machine shop, three angle valve seats, valves faces have been remachined and a slight skim of the head

Exhaust ports opened up and the SC cams in the background from ZZP
SAM_5339.JPG

inlet ports also opened up a little
SAM_5338.JPG

valves refaced. seats recut and a light skim
SAM_5340.JPG

Last edited:

vocky

Staff
Dbilas valve springs arrived today, so I rebuilt the cylinder head with a new set of genuine valve stem oil seals

SAM_5347.JPG

And the head complete with SC cams

SAM_5348.JPG

vocky

Staff
I collected the rebored block yesterday and started the rebuild :)

SAM_5414.JPG

I managed to get the pistons and rods less than 0.5 grams difference in weight, the Eagle rods were all within 0.1 grams of each other.

SAM_5415.JPG

pistons and rods fitted

SAM_5416.JPG

brand new genuine bearings

SAM_5417.JPG

polished crank, craddle and brand new genuine rear main oil seal added

SAM_5419.JPG

vocky

Staff
I had the sump cleaned by the machine shop in their engine parts washer

SAM_5420.JPG

sump fitted, brand new genuine coolant pump, balancer delete and brand new genuine chain kit fitted
SAM_5421.JPG

genuine Saab B207 head gasket, I prefer using them on SC engine builds as it lowers the CR a little bit more
SAM_5422.JPG

Brand new Saab B207 genuine cam chain kit fitted - these have the adjustable cam sprockets otherwise are identical to the z22se chain kit.

SAM_5423.JPG

I ran out of time to do any more yesterday, not much more to do and it will be finished :)

vocky

Staff
Finally this engine is finished :D

New genuine - oil pump gasket, cam cover gasket set, cam cover bolts, oil filter, oil pressure sender, EGR blanking plate, EGR gasket and crank bolt (y)

SAM_5429.JPG

SAM_5430.JPG