Z22SE Where did this come from?

guy 27

I've just taken my old old 2.2 apart to inspect the bottom end bearing before it goes into one of the other cars.

Dropped the sump off and heard something rattle inside.

No idea where its come from. I've checked tensioners and they are all fine.

Only thing I can think off is its come from an old balance chain tensioner but I just don't know.

There are no score marks or scratches on it.

ai708.photobucket.com_albums_ww85_skyguy27_2014_11_28132156_zps65dda3fe.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
it lives in here with a spring
horsesCar.Dogs 1.3.14 009 (Medium).JPG

the early gm balancer chain tensioner only had 3 press marks to hold the metal cap in they all have 4 press marks

Dave Gilbert

jesus, mine was horrible and mine worked after a few minutes, with that not there i would have thought it couldnt get any oil pressure so would be slack all the time?

mine had a horrible vibration on tick over and the noise......

smithy must have his music on really loud all the time thats all i can say hahaha

5M1THY

The only experience I had of a 2.2 was seeing the badge on the sri
I hammered mine for 8 months with the balance chain basically wanting to fall off lol
I didn't even get to the top of carls drive and he clocked it haha oh well I know exactly how it should be now :)

5M1THY

I do have my music loud but it wouldn't cover that noise I can't believe I didn't realise tbh it was bad. what's worse is it was all cleaned up and put back together without
changing it but then that's not the worst thing I've found on it

guy 27

found my original chain kits. tensioner was the newer style 4 press one and was complete.

Cleaned up sump and there isn't anything in there.

ai708.photobucket.com_albums_ww85_skyguy27_2014_11_29184235_zpsdbab1053.jpg

must of happened to previous owner and they got it fixed.