Vista..

Matt

Administrator
If you do ever need an XP disc, just let me know, mine works on any PC

Sjdickso

Staff
Andy you can normally get away without SATA Raid drivers if you have an Intel board any other one and you will have to install them separate when you initially install XP I think it is F6 when it originally starts up.

Driver Guide is a Great place to get drivers like DBcoup says.

Andy

well my motherboard is a gigabyte board but its not recognised on their website even though it says gigabyte on it. its a packard bell pc and on their website its classed as a sunshine board notsure.gif

Andy

ok is this the sata driver thingy

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_8_driver_1.jpg

Hareng

Andy see if you can find the board number, its a good make and should be readilly available on Gig site.
May need to get into the bios but would leave it as factory set it, just alter the startup to cd rather than hard drive. When done put it back as was.

On an AMD cpu, Assus A8N SLI Premium i need to install the two SIL 3114 & Nvidia Raid drivers downloaded on to a floppy. F6 when prompted during install, thinks its within 10 secs shown at bottom of screen.
Same with MSI sh1te boards from around 5 years ago.

On an Intel cpu, Assus PW5WDH Delux, XP, XP64 & Vista recognises. What a pain to set up software/hardware three main configs plus external raid :roll:

DVD rewriters are that cheap nowadays latest speed dual layers at around £27, worst case 4 screws, power, IDE and sound cables which will only fit one way round, so no mistake.

DBcoup

On an Intel cpu, Assus PW5WDH Delux, XP, XP64 & Vista recognises. What a pain to set up software/hardware three main configs plus external raid

I have one and xp needs floppy

Andy

DBcoup said:
http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=6944030000&ppn=PB34232101 lol thats em!

so thats the driver i need when installing XP onto a formatted hard drive??

DBcoup

yes they are on there i just downloaded it and test installed it, the problem you have though in order to install sata drivers using f6, they need to be just the root files, in other words not in any folder or in this case an exe file. hmm i gotta go out now but if no one sorts it i will try again later