Vista..

Matt

Administrator
I've got Fedora Core 7 running, which is VERY nice and good to use, and XP is a recent fresh install, so my PC is running pretty good at the minute. Are you dual booting with 2 seperate drives? As when I tried to set it up dual booting using seperate partitions on the same physical drive, it wouldn't let me.

Andy

yeah i got XP installed on a 160 gig drive and vista installed on a 320 gig drive.

in the past though i have had XP and Vista on the same drive using different partitions.

Matt

Administrator
hmm, might have been because I had Linux on the same partition as well, because it uses the Linux boot manager

Matt

Administrator
OK, looks like I've dropped a bollock with Nero and the Vista upgrade.

I thought I had the latest version installed when I did the upgrade, and I aparently didn't, and now it won't work. It won't let me upgrade/re-install/uninstall it.
Anyone know of a way around this?

Matt

Administrator
acdn.z22se.com_userpix_2_nero_1.jpg

This is the error I get. I've made sure all the services are stopped for nero, and also rebooted it. notsure.gif

Sjdickso

Staff
I had a similar issue with Nero & vista Matt, i had to manually remove it and delete all the reg keys as well. I never got it to work but didnt really play about with it too much.

Have you got it sorted yet?

Matt

Administrator
I've just done a complete fresh install of Vista, and wiped the partition. So going to install everything manually with working versions. Spent 2 hours trying to sort it, and it's only took 30 minutes to re-install vista

Hareng

Thats my motto Matt, if in doubt format the drive(s.) Trouble is i used to do it about 2 monthly intervals :D Those antivirus progs like Norton, Mcaffe, etc ore trouble than they are worth, run bareback, NOD32 is ok though.
Havent formatted this one since Christmas, so i am doing very well.

Running XP64 no drivers and my favourite Incredimail wont run on it, even an older version. Camera is another even stumped Fuji.
So whats the current main issues with Vista, i used RC2 last year?

All hardware is compatible in this machine inc the twin digi tuner.

Matt

Administrator
You've been albe to do that in Linux for about 12 months now :D

It is a nice feature though, and I also like the live preview when you hover over a minimuzed item.

Matt

Administrator
Xp was working fine for me, as I'd recently re-installed it, however, I've always been one for a snazzy GUI, and Vista certainly has got one of those.

Andy

would re-install my XP but my master dvd no longer works i keep getting an error with it and packard bell charge for a new copy. didn't have an XP disc with my pc.

i got a backup copy of XP but i need sata drivers or what ever they are called and can't find them so wouldn't be able to install windows to my sata drive.