The Golden Rules - break at your own peril

vocky

Staff
I still rev my 2.5 to 7900rpm, the rod ratio is even worse than a 2.2 :eek:

Which is why I had the bottom end zero balanced (y)

David Dixon

Revs kill con rods not really power...although more revs in most cases do usually mean more power!
There's plenty lads in the states seen more than 280fwhp... but again that's down to the tune as well, if you have a rough ass map then it's going to take it out on the weakest parts of your engine.

Gold or bust I say :LOL:

chill

Can I ask what was printed on your Pistons and do you have a pic of the shape of them
My engine is a b207 el but I heard a rumour they have same internals

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Can I ask what was printed on your Pistons and do you have a pic of the shape of them
My engine is a b207 el but I heard a rumour they have same internals
im running forged now :)
not sure on the difference between them thought it was the cam profile and the actual turbo and injectors

heres a pic of the b207r pistons best one i have of the markings
WP_000442.jpg

and the shape of the under side
WP_20140527_12_53_06_Pro (Medium).jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Dog box is where it's at if you are worried about them breaking...that said though the F23 will take a shed load of power! Vauxhall's strongest box in my opinion.
mines crying at the moment lol has been for the last 30k the input shaft bearing is buggered and the syncros on 1st 3rd revers are shot
was going to get it fixed but im just waitng for it to pop lol

David Dixon

Sounds like a dodgey one that! We haven't managed to break one yet and it's not for a lack of trying ha ha.
In general though they seem stronger than the F28 under a lot of power....going off the states and a hand full of people over here

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
f23 and f35 over there the f35 is a bad one almost as bad as the m32 lol
tbf the gear box on mine has been a pain since day one with bad cold shifts and sloppy shifting a common trait
with the f23 from a certain date its got me 68k miles so far lol going to see whats left in it then get the f40 in there

David Dixon

The F40 isn't a bad box but I guess it's down to preference which to go for, it's the F23 for me! the M32 isn't wroth a light imo, we broke a brand new M32 from the factory within 1500 miles (n)