z22se + turbo = 411hp and 550Nm

Hi All

Since i grabbed a lot of information and support from some members of this forum i would like to show the outcome of nearly 3 years of reading asking and collecting parts.

Originally i bought astra bertone 2.2. I was a happy little bunny my dream car was there, and it was mine. Black in "Linea Blue" version that was it. It was fast - well it was considered fast by me at least :D at that time.

Shortly after i started to read this forum and this supercharger conversion seemed to be tailored just for me.

Well i bought all the parts required and some more parts and even more parts, having them all I went to the Garage that I really trusted, to be capable of doing it right here in Poland where i come from.

So I ended up 700km away from home with the car and the parts. Owner said well we will do it no problem, but he was like
well for this kind of money invested having that output isnt achievement...and it is better to go turbo... well I wasnt convinced
so initially I decided to supercharge...

after some time (a month or so) when the engine was stripped apart i made a call to the Garage and asked to go for turbo...and get 400+Hp
they were happy i was sort of scared but decision was made.

I watched their fb page striving for some more infos on progress and finally got text saying it's done and they managed to reach 411hp :) and torque 550Nm
well the torque was more than i hoped for by a hundred ... no problem no complains :D even more happy.

So that was a story and below some upgrades made:

- camshafts from comp cams
- bigger valves +1mm
- stronger valve springs
- new valve liners
- head was bored to fit new valves and get bigger flows
- block was resleeved with darton's
- pistons were replaced with wisecos
- rods replaced by eagle's
- crankshaft was zero ballanced with new rods and pistons
- ballance shafts were replaced with neutral shafts from zzp
- turbo taken from Evo X
- blow off valve added

- intake custom made by Mickey-Garage
- Exhaust manifold and downpipe custom by Mickey-Garage
- 3 in exhaust with muffler by Mickey-Garage
- Performance clutch by Mickey-Garage
- bigger front brakes from BMW e38, adapters made by Mickey-Garage

Wiring:

Engine is controlled by standalone unit called EMU made by Ecumaster. All programming and mapping done by Mickey-Garage.
Two gauges were added Boost and Multigauge showing battery, oil pressure and temperature and EGT.

Additional features:
- two maps were created "small" ~270hp and "big" full power, those are available from switch on console and can be changed anytime.
- Traction control with 10 levels of reaction strength were implemented and are available from control knob.
- BT feature was included to EMU so i can watch more engine run parameters on smartphone.

Transmission remained stock but i miss 6th gear...this means that sooner or later I will visit Mickey :D...

After all this car runs like crazy i havent made 0-100kmh 0-200kmh time checks but it is faast...

So again I am "one happy bunny" with car that runs like a rabbit. Having my dream car with big power...
I must admit all this waiting, reading forums, choosing parts etc paid off. It was worth of doing.

below link to YT from dyno

project page on web of the Garage: Mickey-Garage.pl

http://www.mickey-garage.pl/projekty/58/astra-g-22-turbo-z22se-411km-552nm

and picture of the car with some nice background :D
DSC06079 (800x450).jpg

Thanks to all :D

Latest upgrade consist POWERFLEX lower engine mount.

Its there sits nicely.

Plan for following months is to exchange all bushes in suspension with this ploy..things.
and afterwards to adjust a little bit on coilovers.

and winter time i will do some middle console 'plastic surgery' to fit a smartphone instead of MID that is currently usless.