New oil leak.

ben8719

Oils full, first thing I checked once I was on level ground. I just dont park on hills at the moment. Will have to get em changed soon for peace of mind I think.

ben8719

Finally getting round to doing the front pads and it appears everything is rusted. Do you think this bolt will sheer if I put too much pressure on it. Ive tried half a can of wd40 but its having none of it.
uploadfromtaptalk1373822803368.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
you dont need to remove the carrier to do the pads you only need to remove it for changing the discs
its a pretty big bolt make sure the socket is squire and use a wheel brace :)

Matt

Administrator
I take it its the two allen keys that need undoing then?
Yeah, that will undo the calliper from the carrier.

That big bolt holding the carrier to the hub does look pretty well stuck on there! I had to use a mallet to shock it out, as they are also thread locked in.

ben8719

Well the disc need doing too so ill just change the pads for now and cheat and change the caliper when I do the discs lol.

Matt

Administrator
Well the disc need doing too so ill just change the pads for now and cheat and change the caliper when I do the discs lol.
If the discs also need doing, I'd personally not put new pads on them, as when you do come round to fitting the new discs, the pads will have bedded into the old discs and any grooves or lips on them.

ben8719

I only have the pads at the minute and the do squeek, they were only 15 quid so itll be reight.

Might have missed something as it doesnt fit round the new pads.
uploadfromtaptalk1373824382795.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1373824393194.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
you need to push the pot all the way in and use some copper grease on the back of the outer pad and where the pads sit in the carrier wire brush the crap off to

matts right new discs means new pads also to much of a pain waiting for new pads to wear to old discs :)

ben8719

Just got the pot fully it, thought it already was. This is the only chance to sort it for a few weeks, theyve been squeeking for a coyple of weeks already so just want to make sure i can stop okay for the time being.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i got a pair of standard calipers in the bat cave just being painted red then fitting new seals there so easy to work on when there clean :)

ben8719

Everything on these are rusty and flaky, lol. Thinking about putting 308mm on next month plus any other rusty bits replaced.

Matt

Administrator
It helps if you remove the top of the brake fluid reservoir when pushing the pot back into the calliper (having a break rewind tool also helps)