New oil leak.

Bazza123

Did you clip the connector into the coil pack properly after? (Just a guess).

How did you get on undoing the bolts? As I said earlier, that silvery pipe work next to the timing chain blocks access to those bolts on my engine, did you move those out of the way ok?

ben8719

Yeh the connector is in, i loosened the bracket on the back right and it just squeezed past the pipes.

ben8719

have you left the earth wire off near the egr valve?

uploadfromtaptalk1373145220915.jpg

That one?

corsaZ22se

yes that's the one. check all vacuum hoses for leaks. brake servo line, fpr line, theres others around the engine to that can be knocked off easily.

vocky

Staff
most likely the oil leak is coming from the blanking plate of the auxillary take off - the alloy plate used to seal the end of the inlet cam. Common oil leak problem, just clean all the oil and use engine sealant and refit.

Dmaynard

most likely the oil leak is coming from the blanking plate of the auxillary take off - the alloy plate used to seal the end of the inlet cam. Common oil leak problem, just clean all the oil and use engine sealant and refit.

My zafira has an oil leak that looks like its coming from behind the starter motor. Is this likely to be the auxilliary take off plate as you mention above? If so, how do you get to this - what needs to come off and can it be done with the engine in the car? Any help gratefully received!

ben8719

Going to attempt the front brake pads this afternoon, is there anything inpaticular I should know before I start?

ben8719

Well finally got ne internet fixed today so Ive managed to upload the video on the chain. Is this a normal amount of slack?

Dmaynard

My zafira has an oil leak that looks like its coming from behind the starter motor. Is this likely to be the auxilliary take off plate as you mention above? If so, how do you get to this - what needs to come off and can it be done with the engine in the car? Any help gratefully received!
as you can see from the above picture, just two bolts hold it on, very easy ten minute job.