New oil leak.

ben8719

Ive developed a new oil leak and this ones worse that the last. Its all down the battery side of the engine and I cant figure out where its coming from. Ive taken a few pictures the best I can and if anyone has aby ideas what I can check it would be much appreciated.

uploadfromtaptalk1372702800427.jpg

ben8719

Some more pictures.
uploadfromtaptalk1372702871657.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1372702922233.jpg

The one at the back looks like its coming from inbtween the top bit of the engine and the bottom but I dont know what could cause it.

ben8719

Do the bolts on the rocket need to be tightened with a torque wrench and in a specific order?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Retaining bolts, cylinder head cover to cylinder head [9nm]

the answer is no lol just nip them up make sure the rubber gasket is clean and the opposing face is clean

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Sound, Im going to have to stop watching youtube videos. :D

i mean if you want to be real anal about it you can bring out the torque wrench and do them up but neither of mine do 9nm only 10 lol and just used a 1/4 socket set and nipped them up

ben8719

I havent got a torque wrench anyway, was the reason I asked. Its heaving it down here now too so itll have to wait while the weekend.

Bazza123

My leak is very similar, and while I have slopped a bit of oil about over time, mine must be leaking as the level is going down and there's no visible smoke from the exhaust, although I assume she burns a bit.

The top of the engine has a fair amount of plumbing around it as this pic from eBay I acquired shows:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Vectra-Engine-2-2-Z22SE-Petrol-Engine-Supply-Fit-/130416869756

Mine also has the pipe work on the the right of the engine which I assume is from the air-con/climate control. How much of all this needs to be disconnected/moved out of the way in order to remove the rocker cover?

Ta

ben8719

Well I picked the gasket up tonight so Ill take some pictures and post them tomorrow evening when Ive done it. Cant see much needing to come off.

corsaZ22se

My leak is very similar, and while I have slopped a bit of oil about over time, mine must be leaking as the level is going down and there's no visible smoke from the exhaust, although I assume she burns a bit.

The top of the engine has a fair amount of plumbing around it as this pic from eBay I acquired shows:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Vectra-Engine-2-2-Z22SE-Petrol-Engine-Supply-Fit-/130416869756

Mine also has the pipe work on the the right of the engine which I assume is from the air-con/climate control. How much of all this needs to be disconnected/moved out of the way in order to remove the rocker cover?

Ta
you can remove the rocker cover on the Vectra b without taking any pipe work off, just remove the clamp bracket on the crank pulley end. its possible to remove the whole engine with out disconnecting the air con system too. (y)

ben8719

uploadfromtaptalk1373131909953.jpg

Scared now lol. 2 of the bolts came out with out the round things on will they be ok or do they need replacing. I still have the round bits.
uploadfromtaptalk1373132062257.jpg

ben8719

Took the chain guard thing off to see how loose/tight it is and Im not sure. It pulls up slighty but doesnt really push down. Ive got a video but the internet is playing up as usual and 3g is crap so it might take a while to upload.

ben8719

Ok, I realise what Ive just said, if it lifts up but doesnt push down any its sagging a bit. Its been a long hot day, lol.

ben8719

Right, whats happened is ive broke my car. Put it back together started it up it went to 2250 revs sat there for about 20 secondd the stutted down to nothing and cut out. Engine management light was on too

ben8719

Ive also got these left over,
uploadfromtaptalk1373143170074.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1373143181373.jpg

Now the big nut i think is from the middle bolt on the back right engine cover bracket, the rest i havent a clue :confused: