MPG

Matt

Administrator
I've never used anything other than V-Power (apart from Sainsburys 98ron twice) in the VXR in almost 4 years of ownership.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
new personal best
288 miles covered
42.2 mpg
WP_000582.jpg

Declaration

I found no improvment in mpg or performance with the z22se running on higher RON rating fuel, the Vag 1.8t lump however does respond much better to V power though and returns an addtional 2mpg over a full tank and seems more responsive compared to 95 RON.

Check out page 284 of the Vec manual 95 Ron as minimum 98 and car will adjust but nothing below for Veccy, I am 24.7/mpg avg over 150 miles

http://cdn-data.z22se.com/data/atta...e48a803185f832ea9326c67735f27d.pdf?version=55

Declaration

I have only been using whatever is cheapest at the pump but I am going to reset and use v power and see what mpg I get, will post results asap

Matt

Administrator
I've only ever run V-Power in mine for the almost 4 years I've had it. It does make a difference on the Turbo models, and again, it says to use minimum 98 ron in the owners book for the turbo engine. Anything less, and the ECU will adjust and run lower power.

Matt

Administrator
Cheers Bud, will get her to add that for the next fill up. Damn 4.0l goes through fuel like it's water!

I bet it does! Lady at work imported one of the Holden Utes over when she moved here a couple of years ago. 6l V8 and £1.30 per litre fuel prices :confused:

BruceN

I bet it does! Lady at work imported one of the Holden Utes over when she moved here a couple of years ago. 6l V8 and £1.30 per litre fuel prices :confused:

1.30l!!!!! Far out, thats A$2.06! We're paying between A$1.30 and $1.50 depending on what day of week it is or generally at the whim of the oil companies..... and we think THAT is expensive :)

Matt

Administrator
1.30l!!!!! Far out, thats A$2.06! We're paying between A$1.30 and $1.50 depending on what day of week it is or generally at the whim of the oil companies..... and we think THAT is expensive :)

Yeah, and £1.30 is the lowest it's been for a while now. Was creeping towards £1.50 at one point!

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
It's just the stupid british government adding tax to tax to tax..... petrol would only be about 80p P/L without it, if that i think!