MPG

Sjdickso

Staff
I know it's winter but both are cars seem shocking on MPG at the moment, the traffic to work has been allot more congested due to road works but has any one else seen a drop in MPG?

Cars are recently serviced and use branded fuel.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
25-26mpg thats all my z22se is capable of doing in 7 years the best i saw is when i let me dad use the car it went to 28mpg no difference for super unleaded or normal

Sjdickso

Staff
Could be the coolant temp sensor playing up, I think it has something to do with keeping the choke on.

Maybe but both motors are down on MPG at the moment?

22mpg on my last fill up Si (n)

That is low Matt, like you said on the past turbos really don't like start stop journeys, the Clio Sport returned 35MPG all day long.

25-26mpg thats all my z22se is capable of doing in 7 years the best i saw is when i let me dad use the car it went to 28mpg no difference for super unleaded or normal

Mine is the same with fuel, but used to get around 300 to a full tank it's currently at about 250, not sure what MPG that is.

Daz

Former Staff
my old vec was shocking on fuel. on a run was approx 27mpg and round town 22-23mpg...

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Mine is the same with fuel, but used to get around 300 to a full tank it's currently at about 250, not sure what MPG that is.
thats is the same as me with a fill up comp shows 250-260 where it used to read 300-320

odd and i thought it was the vacuum pipe mod that was causing shat mpg as i tried it in the past and got poor mpg and no gain to performance atm im trying it again looks like its time to go back to deafult

Sjdickso

Staff
thats is the same as me with a fill up comp shows 250-260 where it used to read 300-320

odd and i thought it was the vacuum pipe mod that was causing shat mpg as i tried it in the past and got poor mpg and no gain to performance atm im trying it again looks like its time to go back to deafult

Let us know if that changes anything.

Sjdickso

Staff
On my last tank i got 26.61 MPG, this tank i am going to try and drive like miss daisy and keep to low RPM and see what i get.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
ok so this week i got 27 mpg with the vacuum pipe mod

that's still lower than i normally get 28-29 mpg with giving it beans time to swap it back to standard and disconnect the battery see what that yealds

si.c1978

The fto's kind till you cane it around a average of 25, all country roads depending on how sunny it is or how many tourists are about in season. Overtaking canes fuel. About the same as the veccy and loads better than me old astra. Rip.

Sjdickso

Staff
Well onto tank two, this test drive like miss daisy dont think it ever went above 3k rpm lol, so same fuel similar traffic bar one long start stop journey this cycle I managed 28.1MPG.

So test three same Fuel and moved FPR pipe back to intake still driving steady.

ECU will be learning but doesn't seem to be as smooth at the moment with the pipe on the intake lets see what the MPG goes like.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
swaped mine back today and reset the trip comp
omg holy f
""my z22se does 44mpg""
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_001236.jpg

na j/k not possible in a z22se :)
i dont understand how people get more mpg on the motorway mine always goes down
maybe its cause i dont doodle in the lorry lane :)