Ginger coupe is dead.

Daz

Former Staff
Tried to remap the thing today, so as a precaution put the charger on the batt,(always do just incase). Downloaded map to ipf, connected ipf to car and way to go. (y)
Mid map battery died... :( red light on ipf,
So plugged into laptop. which said ipf in recovery mode, please reconnect to car, so did this, and another red light... plugged ipf back into lappy,
Ecu codes disappered... notsure.gif
So tried to get ecu codes, which are all f**ked up by the seems, so ipf wont talk to ecu and the ecu wont talk to the ipf (n)
And to top it all , the fans and P/s pump are flat out at all times, even with the ignition off....

Reading up on aoc , it seems the batt goin flat puts the ecu into sleep mode... so both the ecu and my ipf may need to goto regal so they can get the rescue files from eds in germany to wake the blighter up again...

So phone call to regal 1st thing monday is in order.... IF that fails.... the coupe is goin to end up the same way as my Vec did....

Sjdickso

Staff
Daz, that doesnt sound good at all.

I really hope that Regal can do something for you.

You must be gutted.

It may not be the same but once we mapped a S3 with a bluefin and that drained the bat due both fans running flat out as the ECU didnt like the map. Superchips manged to get a new map to the the device and to the ECU and all was ok.

MikeS

Former Staff
your suppose to leave the battery on a trickle charger when flashing the ecu or are aware that the battery is in good working order

it is the same as flashing a mobile phone or any other electrical device - losing power while flashing an eeprom is a big no no

as for the ecu i am unable to help as i have never ventured that far tbh

i duno if the ecu uses a boot loader or flash device to boot

Daz

Former Staff
Gonna get another new battry 2moz, ring regal and see what they say.... and get a new starter, to see if thats the drain and reason for only charging at 12,7v.... 2 new alts fitted in 6 months...so it aint them

dodger

Former Staff
how annoying Daz, you had the battery on charge and it still went wrong.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Matt said:
This is another reason I'm not a big fan of DIY mapping using the flash devices.

My Bsr one was fine this way on my Vectra. Good idea to check you have a good battery before maps. I will be using Bsr again for my new car. Hope it all works out for you Daz

Daz

Former Staff
Well spoke to regal today.... but had to send them an email with the ipf and car info , so hopefully shud get a reply back tomoroow...

Daz

Former Staff
^^^ :upyours: :upyours: :upyours: ^^^^ :LOL:

Okys.. update 1

Came home to find email from chris at regal.... so unzipped the attachment(rescue files) and set about uploading them to the ipf..... job done..... so plug into car , and .. red flashing light.... should be purple.
So the rescue failed, just mailed chris back with the info and will await a reply 2morow...