Fitting the EGR Cheater

admiral

cheers will try that.reading the previous posts on here i see a couple of guys snapped the bolt nearest the engine and just dont fancy that at all.

badboy_20

Greetings to all opeldrivers!!! I want to share with you the problem and I search at you council!!! A problem with valve EGR.... To the car doesn't grow... doesn't want to go.... To me advised to put the emulator but as it to make nobody knows.... And to go to expert it is expensive... Around 200-250$.... It is expensive to inhabitant Belorussia... Car OPEL VECTRA C GTS 2.2 DTI 2003.... I WAIT for COUNCIL!!!

vocky

Staff
due to the way the diesel engine works it's not possible to remove the original valve, so you need to buy a new egr valve :(

badboy_20

At us at forums write that it is possible to put the emulator... But for this purpose it is necessary to go to experts on service...
And this expensive pleasure...

joseico90

Hi guys,

I need help to design a cheater for this valve also used on Opel Movano 2.2 DTI

I think someone had success on a Renault Clio on the early posts here as it used a similar Pierburg valve.

-The NOMINAL wiper signal voltage between pin 6 and engine ground to ECU SHOULD range from less than 1.1v (at engine idle) to 3v or more when operating accelerator.

Valve data... http://www.ms-motor-service.com/ximages ... EN_WEB.pdf

Thanks for your time :)

vocky

Staff
you need to know the voltage of the egr solenoid, usually 12v.

the z22se egr valve uses 12v for the solenoid and switches between 1v and 5v for the signal, so to create 1-3v switching would just require altering the resistance of the 4k7 resistor to something like a 6k8 or perhaps a 3k3 and 3k9 in series. Trial and error on that value.

But you also need to know which pin does what on your egr valve, as the z22se wiring is usually different than other engines.

Round

Are these still available?
What's so special about the blanking plate? can I just trace round the egr and cut from plate? or is there a rubber gasket etc on the underneath?
Thanks

Matt

Administrator
Are these still available?
What's so special about the blanking plate? can I just trace round the egr and cut from plate? or is there a rubber gasket etc on the underneath?
Thanks
The EGR Cheaters? Yes, they are still available, and you can purchase them from our online shop:
https://z22se.co.uk/shop/egr-cheater

With regards to the blanking plate, there is nothing special about them, they are just a genuine GM produced part.
https://z22se.co.uk/shop/blanking-plate

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
Thanks mate, got your order. I'm at work now, so will be posted out tomorrow morning, so should be with you Friday (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
you need to know the voltage of the egr solenoid, usually 12v.

the z22se egr valve uses 12v for the solenoid and switches between 1v and 5v for the signal, so to create 1-3v switching would just require altering the resistance of the 4k7 resistor to something like a 6k8 or perhaps a 3k3 and 3k9 in series. Trial and error on that value.

But you also need to know which pin does what on your egr valve, as the z22se wiring is usually different than other engines.

Halo mate, do you still sell the EGR cheaters? See they are out of stock in the shop and would like to buy one please :D

Matt

Administrator
Vocky has made the latest batch, I'm just waiting for them to turn up, and will mark them back in stock. (y)

Matt

Administrator
Fantastic. Will be in the post tomorrow, as I'm working while 7pm tonight, so should be with you Friday.

Rytis

did anyone tried EGR cheater on x14xe ?
i have blanked the egr, but still get the "check engine" error so i am looking for the way of cheating the computer... any luck with the scheme no.2 ?