Fitting the EGR Cheater

moosey

Any advice on how to remove the connector on the EGR? Not sure where the 'clips' mentioned on page 1 are - don't want to give it too much force in case I break the connector :)

vocky

Staff
you remove the grey retainer clip, use a screwdriver and lever it off, then push the tab down and the plug slides easily off

sale

Hello

This is my first post because I have a problem with faulty egr. I know this is a vx220 forum, but this is the closest I could find and I'm desperate for any help. I'm truing to make egr cheater with relay since my engine is Z16XE, but I have a few questions and I will appreciate if someone could answer me.

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_13_EGR_cheater_version_2_1.jpg

1. In this scheme do I need to connect pin C, since I see that you removed it from updated scheme of your cheater?

2. Do I Connect pins to connector according to this photo - pin E to the left, and pin A to the right?

aimg707.imageshack.us_img707_9533_65380033.jpg

I got all parts ready, but I don't want to start assembling until I'm sure what I'm doing since I'm not really expert in this field. Can anyone help me?

vocky? someone?

Kimmo Salin

Hey peeps,

I made a EGR cheater according to a picture found in the earlier pages. It used ABDE pins and had no relay. Got it installed and now ECU finds number 12 Initiation of diagnostics fault as well as the earlier number 47 EGR fault. What did I fumble? :) I drive a 1994 Astra F 8v 1.6i. Thanks in advance :happy:

Kimmo Salin

Also please confirm that my wires went the right way (I did cut them a bit too soon :whistle:):

A: yellow/black, 0V
B: brown, output signal
C: brown/blue, not connected
D: black/white, 5V
E: black, 12V

Daz

Former Staff
Z22se cheater won't work on any other engine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Kimmo Salin

Update: the page 4 design keeps ECU happy on X16SZ until the engine hits high revs. I'll take this discussion to mk3oc.com where it belongs. Thanks for the design and help :)

Hi I have a vectra c sri 2.2 ive changed air filter . Spark plugs and fitted a ebay purchased egr blank and cheater mistake I think .
Worked for bout an hour then eml came on today

all above was for a lumpy idle
how can I get a cheat off here please
and any suggestions on lumpy idle
possiblee coil pack

also losing small amount of coolant and already had pressure test which showed nothing

many thanks in advance martin

Matt

Administrator
Which cheater will it be as ive soldered the one I have onto the wires.
Shows the plug style on the photo
We only do the plug in version, but if you can wait a day or two next week until the new parts turn up, I can make one and leave the connections longer, so you can solder in place?

Matt

Administrator
EML won't hurt as long as the EGR is blanked off. I ordered all the parts today, and they should be with me on Tuesday.