Chris C Vectra supercharger build

Dave Gilbert

Was just about to say I have 3 charger support bracket bolts (I don't even have a supercharger haha) so if anyone needs 1 let me know

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
risk of damage to head/manifold without that bolt in place!
you can drill and tap the m6 bolts out and fit m8 ones which are what gm used on supercharged ones.
as milo say's theres a lot of strain on the m6 studs with the charger on. :eek:
yet some of us just use m6 bolts with a better breaking strain than 8.8 and use med strength stud lock tested to 14psi for about 3 years :)
you do need that bottom m10 bolt in tho

Dave Gilbert

Sorry I'm useless

Part number is 11515770

1475778636980-24696216.jpg

right next daft question do you just bolt this in or is there some type of rubber to go in the bracket for the bolt to go thought
as the bracket hole is much bigger than the bolt

corsaZ22se

it just bolts on.
if you have used a phenolic gasket you will need to space the bracket of the engine block, i used a couple of large flat washers for this.
the large hole is for alignment.

been a while since my last update that mainly because its cold and haven't got a garage

so I solved the fan issue by ripping both of them out and replacing them with one push fan form revotec to also give me some room to on the back of the rad

next job is aquire a cool charger and to get the mapping done

dose any one know any other that mappers for these or is it a Courtenay only job

milo

been a while since my last update that mainly because its cold and haven't got a garage

so I solved the fan issue by ripping both of them out and replacing them with one push fan form revotec to also give me some room to on the back of the rad

next job is aquire a cool charger and to get the mapping done

dose any one know any other that mappers for these or is it a Courtenay only job

Courtenay the only ones that can map it tbh, other will say they can but wont be able too

right can you lovey people confirm for me the correct piping for the vacums please
1 in on the mainifold
2 is the the fuel bar
3 is on the regulator
4 is on the charger
5 is 2 pipes
a is a thin vacum pipe
b is thicker with a non return valve
6 the the one that ran down the air box to the front
7 is on the intake pipe

ascontent_lhr3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_v_t1.0_9_16266183_1015432953969235c638805e6b8f73e7404a1a9a41cd08.jpg

corsaZ22se

this is how i have mine,
bypass valve 3 to charger
fuel pressure regulator 1 to manifold 2
brake servo vacuum to charger just behind throttle body
fuel tank vent purge to throttle body.
the other vacuum is for ac which you could tee into any vacuum before the charger rotor set.
DSC_0856.JPG

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Stick yer finger in the big hole and pull then put a screw in the small hole and pull on the screw with plyers at no point should you use a jubilee or pipe grips on the alloy you would have ab inlet full of Coolant :)