ABS/ TRACTION CONTROL HELP NEEDED

Hi
just fitted new front shocks to my astra bertone coupe and now the abs/tcs light is on now
checked it out and 1 of the wires has broken off and the same on the other side
so asked the parts guy at work and he said that it comes as a complete hub including the wheel bearing and its £130 each for a genuine vauxhall 1 or £70 for a aftermarket 1 there is nothing wrong with the hub on the car so dont need a new hub just a new wire is there anyway of fixing it without having to buy 2 new hubs

Last edited by a moderator:

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
can you not join the wire together, I did this on my TT as the wire had snapped, but this was for the pad warning light, I twisted the wires together, as there is only two.

MikeS

Former Staff
all about resistance so make sure it is a good job

new hub is £45 off ebay including delivery

Fitted one myself in a couple of hours, not hard but physical and need right tools

5M1THY

i have a similar problem but its the loom that plugs into the hub sensor and goes to the engine loom my abs and traction control doesn't work and now my speedo has stopped altogether and it tries/does cut out at junctions, i found a broken wire infact the whole thing is corroded really, ive added a piece of wire and soldered it in and it made no difference so i ordered a new loom but im not convinced it will solve the problem.

astra22bertoneauto

I bought a pair of hubs for my Zafira from my local parts shop for £36 each inc. vat. They were marked with being fitted with SKF bearings too so shop about.

5M1THY

That's good to know as vauxhall seem to charge more for parts these days than second hand cars lol I'm going to test the sensor afterwork tomoz before I buy anything as it could hopefully just be the loom which I've ordered. I don't mind the no speedo but if it's going to cut out I won't be a happy bunny lol

astra22bertoneauto

It most probably is a wiring fault. Ive got the same issue with my front offside hub. Wiring is damaged so flags up abs/tc light. OPCOM said open circuit fault so I just bought 2x new hubs, as the car has done 120k now and they are probably original hubs.

5M1THY

Hmm see I haven't had a single warning light at all and the abs doesn't work and the person I got it off has clearly thrashed it so I'm going to replace all the hub sensors eventually but I plugged it into a computer and found the obd socket doesn't work either so I'm thinking it's not going to be a simple

astra22bertoneauto

I'm going to check there's no bulbs been taken out of the instrument panel too lol

They are LED's but people have been covering them up with tape :eek:. seen that a few times. If your not getting anything from your OBD port then its gonna be find the damaged wire time, or the Jock "bosh it" job. :(

5M1THY

It was just the loom I swapped it for the other side till the new one comes and no eml light speedo works and no cutting out :)