ABS Plug, CIM or Something Else? - Fault Codes

Just putting up another post to see if anyone knows what these fault codes are related to...
Also does anyone know if these should prevent the car from starting?

Read some information online regarding these codes and people are conflicted regarding whether they relate to a faulty CIM or faulty ABS Plug, would be good to know before I try replacing anything else.

Codes i'm getting are:

Source Address: EHPS
--------------------------
U2105 - CAN-Bus ECM Message Range/Performance
(71) - Intermittent

Source Address: IPC
U2139 - Invalid Signal from CIM (Steering Column Module)
(71) - Present

P0500 - Vehicle Speed Signal Range/Performance
(71) - Present

B0550 - Mileage Circuit Range/Performance
(71) - Present

Source Address: AIRBAG SDM
U2139 - Invalid Data from CIM (Steering Column Module)
(7F) - Present

rushy

The power or at least some of the power to the CIM comes through the ABS plug. Dirt and or moisture can get inside the plug and cause many CIM faults. I had this problem years ago, but unfortunately it was before I had Opcom to get the coded read. My symptoms were that all my dash dials dropped to zero, the immobiliser (padlock on dash) wouldn't disengage so sometimes the car wouldn't start and my TC and ABS lights were constantly on. Other guys had different problems.

All I had to do was unplug the the main ABS plug and give it a little spray with wd40 or contact cleaner (I cant remember which I used) and its been fine for years.

The plug your looking for is behind the battery box onto of the ABS unit.

rushy

Pull the circulated bit and the plug will come off.

DSC00221 hh(Small)11d1swf314ede.JPG

Hey Rushy thanks for the reply, only thing wrong with my car is the above error codes and not starting or even attempting to crank, no padlock or TC or ABS light.
I have tried cleaning the plug with electrical contact spray already but problem remains unchanged.

Going to try ring around a few dealers and see if they can give me any help over the phone and get a price for the new plug in case i decide to change it anyway.

Ok an update on the ABS plug, looks like the dealer doesn't even supply them anymore in NZ or AU, so replacing that is off the cards unless I go to a scrap yard and cut one off a newer model Vec C.

So far options for fixing this problem are not looking ideal and still unsure what it might be, even though I have the fault codes the dealer is unable to give me any indication of what repairs might be required without first paying $150 per hour for diagnostic work.

Have no ignition power to a relay which is hanging off the starter, got the car running by bridging the starter terminals and was running fine, now just to find why there is no power from the ignition switch to starter, going to investigate relays and fuses.