Problems connecting OpCom due to communication errors

I'm having problems with connecting OpCom to my Vec. Sometimes it does work for a while, but most of the time it just cannot communicate with my ECUs. When it does work and I read out the fault codes (I managed to clear all fault codes some time ago, so these codes always return) I see the following list of codes:

Source Address: CIM
--------------------------
B3794 - Switch Cruise Control Circuit Malfunction
(08) - Not present

Source Address: ECM
P0405 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor "A" Circuit Low
(00) - Present

P0500 - Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction
(00) - Present

P1390 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Incorrect Signal
(00) - Present

P1395 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Incorrect Signal
(00) - Present

Source Address: EHPS
U2105 - CAN-Bus ECM Message Range/Performance
(71) - Intermittent

Source Address: IPC
P0500 - Vehicle Speed Signal Range/Performance
(71) - Present

U2139 - Invalid Signal from CIM (Steering Column Module)
(71) - Present

B0550 - Mileage Circuit Range/Performance
(71) - Present

Source Address: AIRBAG SDM
U2139 - Invalid Data from CIM (Steering Column Module)
(7F) - Present

I've been notified by some users on Dutch forums that it could be the ABS multiconnector (Field Remedy 1537). Anyone over here who can confirm or disagrees with that? I am thinking of ordering a test kabel for that field remedy to see if that could cause the problem, although fixing it would mean attaching new ABS muticonnector which I'm afraid of that I'll have to let it be fixed by a Vauxhall/Opel dealer. Is there anything else that I could try? I already used some contact spray, but that didn't help. Someone else suggested break cleaner. Any thoughts on that?

Or is it a faulty CIM? Is there a way to test that?

David Dixon

My first thought was ABS sensor!
We came across a fault on a Vectra before where it would not read properly from the ecu but in the end it turned out that the engine had been changed and some wiring wasn't the same to the diagnostics!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i have also read about the abs plug causing a fault interweb says a clean out with contact cleaner helps but still comes to fault the modified plug? fix's it ?

I'm having problems with connecting OpCom to my Vec. Sometimes it does work for a while, but most of the time it just cannot communicate with my ECUs. When it does work and I read out the fault codes (I managed to clear all fault codes some time ago, so these codes always return) I see the following list of codes:

Source Address: CIM
B3794 - Switch Cruise Control Circuit Malfunction
(08) - Not present

Source Address: ECM
P0405 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor "A" Circuit Low
(00) - Present

P0500 - Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction
(00) - Present

P1390 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Incorrect Signal
(00) - Present

P1395 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Incorrect Signal
(00) - Present

Source Address: EHPS
U2105 - CAN-Bus ECM Message Range/Performance
(71) - Intermittent

Source Address: IPC
P0500 - Vehicle Speed Signal Range/Performance
(71) - Present

U2139 - Invalid Signal from CIM (Steering Column Module)
(71) - Present

B0550 - Mileage Circuit Range/Performance
(71) - Present

Source Address: AIRBAG SDM
U2139 - Invalid Data from CIM (Steering Column Module)
(7F) - Present

I've been notified by some users on Dutch forums that it could be the ABS multiconnector (Field Remedy 1537). Anyone over here who can confirm or disagrees with that? I am thinking of ordering a test kabel for that field remedy to see if that could cause the problem, although fixing it would mean attaching new ABS muticonnector which I'm afraid of that I'll have to let it be fixed by a Vauxhall/Opel dealer. Is there anything else that I could try? I already used some contact spray, but that didn't help. Someone else suggested break cleaner. Any thoughts on that?

Or is it a faulty CIM? Is there a way to test that?

Hi, did you manage to solve the problem? I'm getting the same codes from EHPS, IPC and AIRBAG SDM....
Any help would be great. Thanks.

Nope. Not solved. I changed the ABS multiconnector, but the problem remained. I really haven't a clue what is causing this issue, so if you find the problem please post it here.

Auscam

Have you checked the main negative battery terminal cable? I spent 12months and a heap of money trying to find a comms error. I wiggled the negative cable at the battery terminal and found that it was loose (it took a fair bit of effort). Replaced the battery terminal and it hasn't failed since.