Project Freeze My Ass Off (rear Poly Bush's Astra G)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Can't wait to see what figures you get once it's mapped properly.
ordered a stainless manifold flange will get the pipes in soon going to make a jig up mike has lent me his old manifold to use as a template
i have no idea what its going to make :) it boosts pretty hard with the cooler on not driven it with the new charger yet

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Will be interesting to see if you "think" there is a difference just from fitting the new charger.
going to go find out now shop run :)

popped up to b&q this morning with dad in his car got some alloy strip for brackets on the cooler rad
while i was there i popped in to halfords and got a
megs smooth surface kit and K&N filter recharge kit funny how new K&N filter say ""oil before use"" on them but dont come with oil lol

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
oh my fkin god!!! :)
dangerwillrobinson.jpg

milo

Gz on the skills bud!! Holding phone, hitting the loud pedal, wheel spin and in the wet lol Sounds like a monster compared to your first vid of you driving it. I'm going to say 265bhp when u get it mapped.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Gz on the skills bud!! Holding phone, hitting the loud pedal, wheel spin and in the wet lol Sounds like a monster compared to your first vid of you driving it. I'm going to say 265bhp when u get it mapped.
thanks :) it really is the best thing this car has ever had done to it im real happy with it now just to see how long the engine lasts :)

@265hp lol that would mean 98.9% injector duty :) already planning new fuel rail and injectors :)

Matt

Administrator
I'd imagine in the wet it would be pretty normal to drive as long as you keep of the loud pedal (same as all high power FWD cars)

Sjdickso

Staff
that it is mate who needs a turbo when you have that thing strapped to the front lol
not sure it likes the wet roads much certainly harder to get the power down
do you still have that mesh ??

Still got the mesh pal just need to pull it out, yeah the Seat spins well when it's boosting :)