evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
yes 800 grit and a solid block :)
its alloy on alloy and its the same head that came off the block

dewismotorsport

yes 800 grit and a solid block :)
its alloy on alloy and its the same head that came off the block

How bigs the block? If it isn't larger than the entire head you are never going to get it the same all over and just hoping the head gasket levels everything for you. (n)

dewismotorsport

so i take it you two both take your blocks for skimming also at the same time as the heads

I'm yet to have to rebuild a z22se all alloy engine. But from the c20let (steel blocks) when I built the 400bhp+ engine I sent the head and block to get skimmed and decked. That's what your meant to do on a steel head gasket. What you have potentially done is create high and low spots which the gasket may fill but not once you start pushing an engine power wise. For the sake of £60 for a head skim I think it's a massive mistake.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
cleaning the gasket off with wet and dry on a block its far better than using a wire brush and that is all that was done clean the gasket off
hey i just save myself £80 and 3 days waiting time

thats the convenience of putting the same head back on the same block its already the same shape
it dont matter its in and running now :) so lets move on even if you are anal about getting the head skimmed im not :)

corsaZ22se

if your just cleaning the head and block that's ok, waiting time doesn't bother me as they would be collected and returned within the week mon/fri for £30 each on a small 4 pot engine.
great that you got the astra running but what took you so long?? :ROFLMAO: