What is this part ?

sinisa97

I've been trying to find out what this part is on an vectra b 2.2 with auto box. Can anyone help identify the part?
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-641126128.jpeg

KevinH

The Vectra B's have a mechanical power steering pump, driven by the inlet camshaft which has a hex drive on the end.
(The Astra G/Zafira A & VX220 had different inlet camshafts as they had electric PSP's.)

Last edited:

corsaZ22se

It's the power steering pump as Kevin says.
There is a blanking plate on the other models to cover the end of the cam shaft.
All the standard GM cams I have seen have been the same with the hex drive in the end only the performance cams sometimes don't have the drive unless you order the new cams with it.

sinisa97

So the mechanical power steering pump can be taken off and a blanking plate installed and I can install this 2.2 out of vectra b into Astra g Coupe? If I decide to do it, is there anything to look after, or will the swap require any modification beside the pump?

corsaZ22se

Yes you can unbolt the pump then bolt the cover plate back on. Be sure the seal is in good order.
Engines are the same on all Z22SE's just the ECU software that's different so keep the Astra ECU and it will be fine.